H&R; Johnson India to enter wellness industryJune 26th, 2012 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 26 (IANS) Floor tile, bath and kitchen player H&R; Johnson India, a division of Prism Cement Ltd, is all set to enter the Indian wellness industry by the end of July, a top company official said Friday.
“We are foraying into wellness by end of next month (July). We are all prepared to launch our super-premium wellness products, including enclosures and Jacuzzi products,” Ajit Singh, vice-president (Sales), told media persons here.
The company, which is infusing around Rs.400 crore as part of its scale-up plans, expects its 12th production unit - a ceramic tile manufacturing unit at Panagarh Industrial Park in West Bengal’s Burdwan district - to be operational within the next 18 months.
“The foundation stone of the unit, for which 66 acres of land has been allotted, was laid earlier this month and we hope to be commercially operational within the next 18 months,” said Singh.
According to the state industries department, the factory with a total investment of approx Rs. 450 crores, would be the first ceramic tile manufacturing unit in the organised sector, not only in the state but in the entire Eastern region.
- H&R; Johnson pumps in Rs.225 crore in Andhra unit - May 18, 2012
- Sahara enters FMCG retail biz on I-day - Aug 13, 2012
- Orient Ceramics acquires 63 percent stake in Bell Ceramics - Sep 22, 2010
- KKN Group forays into steel industry - Aug 25, 2010
- India's biscuit industry heading towards premiumisation (Feature) - May 03, 2012
- Bengal inks land lease pacts with seven firms - Apr 18, 2012
- BEML targeting African, Southeast Asian markets - Jan 30, 2012
- CX Precision Mechanical to set up facility at Sri City - May 09, 2012
- Carborundum Universal logs 60 percent growth in profit - Nov 05, 2011
- VGuard targets 25 percent growth this fiscal - Jun 22, 2012
- Stanley Lifestyles plans to open four overseas stores - Jun 18, 2011
- Mamata government receives Rs.80,000 crore investment proposals - Mar 15, 2012
- Blue Star eyes 9 percent market share in room air-conditioning - Jan 24, 2011
- Private equity firm Apollo to invest Rs.2,250 crore in Welspun group firms - Jun 29, 2011
- Bharat Fritz to invest Rs.350 cr for expansion plans - Jan 25, 2011
Tags: ajit singh, burdwan district, cement, ceramic tile, crore, crores, floor tile, foundation stone, India, jacuzzi products, media persons, prism, r johnson, tile bath, vice president sales, west bengal