Gujral’s ‘Nirvana’ an ode to women’s inner beauty (With Images)August 17th, 2012 - 3:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 17 (IANS) Jewellery designer Alpana Gujral has launched her new collection “Nirvana” and says that each piece will help in enhancing women’s inner beauty.
“My collection ‘Nirvana’ is inspired by artistic enlightenment. For me, it’s the balance between finding nirvana internally and having it reflect externally. How you look is a reflection of how you feel and I want my pieces to express the beauty within,” Gujral told IANS.
Her latest gold collection consists of bracelets, cuffs, cocktail rings, earrings and neck pieces.
“My collection caters to cultured individuals with refined taste and a heightened awareness about designs. I used rose hued jewels lavished with polki so that each piece portrays purity and delivers substance,” she said.
Gujral feels that bigger ornaments are back in trend and her collection is all about that.
“Statement pieces in fine jewellery remains the latest trend. Bigger is better and you can get away with wearing fewer pieces. Wearing a statement necklace or bold cuff makes a dramatic impact on its own,” she said.
The collection is available at the designer’s store in the capital.
- Alpana's 'Ambalika' captures Indian history (With images) - Aug 30, 2011
- Alpana to showcase garden-themed jewellery at IIJW (With Images) - Aug 02, 2011
- Try a kundan choker with that gown (Feature) - Aug 09, 2011
- Kangana dazzles in Rajasthani jewellery - Aug 01, 2011
- Monastry Collection: Magical blend of style, healing (With Images) - Jun 21, 2012
- Simpson to launch jewellery collection - Aug 31, 2011
- Shara - a royal jewellery collection by Rachna Kapoor (With Images) - May 22, 2011
- Bracelets - the bigger, the broader, the better - Apr 19, 2010
- Jewellery week a big platform for us: Designers - Aug 19, 2010
- Latest Trend In Fashion Accessories - Jun 10, 2010
- A new jewellery store to let you splurge (With images) - Jun 12, 2011
- Bollywood cheers for Farah Khan at jewellery week - Aug 16, 2010
- Kalki gets her own 'Senorita' moment on the ramp - Aug 02, 2011
- Supermodel Christie Brinkley Launches Jewellry Designs For QVC - Aug 02, 2010
- Jewellery collection reflects Simpson's personality - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: bracelets cuffs, cocktail rings, dramatic impact, earrings, enlightenment, gold collection, gujral, heightened awareness, images, inner beauty, jewels, neck pieces, New Delhi, nirvana, ornaments, polki, purity, refined taste, reflection