Gujarat sets 6 Guinness records in golden jubilee yearJune 14th, 2011 - 11:17 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, June 14 (IANS) Gujarat has made it to the Guinness World Records with as many as six entries during the state’s year-long golden jubilee celebrations, according to government spokespersons.
Ministers Jay Narayan Vyas and Saurabh Patel Tuesday described the feat as recognition of the state’s unique identity in different activities held with people’s participation.
The cultural programme held at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad May 1, 2011 with 4,500 artistes at a single venue was entered as the world’s biggest dance and music programme.
Oscar winner A.R. Rehman lent the musical score to the event theme “Aage Kadam”.
The assembly of over 20,000 chess players at the Gujarat University ground in Ahmedabad under the aegis of Sports Authority of Gujarat Dec 24, 2010, also entered the Guinness Records.
Classical vocalist Dhari “Panchamda” got the Guinness certificate for setting a world record of singing continuously during Tana Riri Music Festival at Vadnagar in north Gujarat for 101 hours and 23 minutes Nov 11-15, 2010.
She also won two other Guinness certificates for creating world record of presenting 214 ragas (tunes) and 271 “bandish” (musical compositions) at a time during Akhand Swargan Mahayajna at the Tana Riri Music Festival, and for creating a world record of playing non-stop a self-composed composition of 29 ragas on the santoor from April 26 to 27, 2011.
The Ahmedabad-based Tabla Training Centre run by Munjal Mehta won the certificate for a unique feat of 315 percussionists simultaneously playing tabla April 29, 2011, according to the state government spokespersons.
- Gujarat's Dhari breaks own classical singing record - Nov 16, 2010
- Creating monsoon music with ancient rain-maker - Jul 10, 2012
- US boy sets world record with perfect score on Dance Dance Revolution - Feb 01, 2011
- Asha remembers Pancham-da, breaks down (With Images) - Jun 27, 2012
- Revisit traditional Punjabi music at capital fest - May 23, 2012
- A concert with 1,110 veenas! - Mar 29, 2012
- 'Kai Po Che!' to release in January 2013 (With Image) - May 18, 2012
- What Guinness? My job is to run: 100-year-old Fauja Singh (Interview) (With images) - Jan 04, 2012
- Cuban man sets fifth Guinness record - Nov 21, 2011
- Green cess on power, rise in VAT on tobacco in Gujarat budget - Feb 25, 2011
- Dharmendra to launch IT commissioner's music album - Sep 02, 2010
- Rahul Sharma And Zakir Hussain Come Together In 'Rhythm of Love' - May 14, 2010
- Gujarat to honor Yusuf and Munaf with 'Eklavya Award' - Apr 03, 2011
- Asha Bhosle, Gulzar named among 10 People of The Year - Jan 31, 2012
- Kalamandalam Hemalatha Creates Guinness Record For Longest Dance! - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: bandish, chess players, classical vocalist, dance and music, golden jubilee celebrations, government spokespersons, guinness records, guinness world records, gujarat university, munjal, musical compositions, musical score, north gujarat, percussionists, rehman, riri, santoor, sardar patel stadium, sports authority, vyas