Guide to planting some early winter vegetables in your gardenOctober 20th, 2010 - 9:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Oct 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Gardening is seen as both a hobby and an occupation.
People use their leisure time to farm around either for exercise or the pleasure of it. However others take it a bit more seriously than that. To them it is their source of living and a full time profession.
One common form of gardening is vegetable gardening. It is both easy and economical to do. However during the summer, the plants are put under stress and it becomes a challenge to the gardener to ensure that the plants survive till harvest time.
However in the cooler winter season, most gardeners enjoy their gardening due to the absence of the heat. The plants thrive very well and the produce tastes much better than the vegetables that are cultivated in the summer season.
To get the best results, there are certain vegetables that perform best in during the fall. Some of these vegetables are Peas, Mustard greens, Spinach, Kale and Radishes. Concentrating on these crops in the fall will certainly give you a great result.
One thing though is that you don’t have to be discouraged if you made some losses during the spring. The fall presents a whole new gardening experience.
- Tips on how to grow winter greens - Oct 27, 2010
- Winter Vegetable Gardening Tips One Can Benefit From - Jan 13, 2011
- Mrs 'O', how does your garden grow? - Oct 31, 2010
- Suzhou: China's Venice of the East (Letter from China) - Oct 09, 2011
- Gwyneth grows salvia in her garden - May 12, 2011
- Spice up broccoli to fight cancer better - Sep 14, 2011
- A 'watershed' project for uplift of villagers (Feature) - Oct 09, 2011
- Heavy rains damage Himachal Pradesh's cabbage crop - Sep 22, 2010
- Chinese, American hops dash Himachal hopes - Nov 18, 2010
- Frozen vegetables recalled as they contain glass shards - Oct 19, 2010
- Ban on GM crops' field trials in Karnataka demanded - Jul 04, 2011
- Incessant rains damage mustard crop in Kashmir - May 23, 2010
- Sowing seeds of change in jail premises - Dec 23, 2011
- Fertilizers don't always help in revegetation efforts - Dec 18, 2009
- Lot of support needed for little known agriculture in Ladakh - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: crops, early winter, full time, gardener, gardeners, harvest time, kale, leisure time, losses, mustard greens, occupation, plants, pleasure, radishes, spinach, stress, time profession, vegetable gardening, winter season, winter vegetables