Guess who all made it to 2010’s fashion faux pas list?December 27th, 2010 - 11:15 am ICT by IANS
London, Dec 27 (IANS) Most of them are looked up to as idols for their out-of-the-box dressing styles, but guess the streak of experimenting went a tad further with some international celebrities who wore everything but elegance in 2010.Talk of faux pas and one couldn’t forget the invincible queen of disaster - Lady Gaga, who wore a meat frock at the MTV awards. If that wasn’t it, she became a fright in white at another award ceremony.
Dailymail.co.uk has drawn up an interesting list of fashion faux pas:
The tension on the tennis court took an airy turn with a wardrobe malfunction at the French Open that exposed Venus William’s skin-tone shorts revealing much more than she had thought of, as the black lace outfit she designed rode up.
Pop diva Madonna too was hardly in vogue as she shocked her fans by sporting checked harem trousers, biker jacket and boots. American singer Gwen Stefani’s fashion sense went for a toss when she shrouded in a shapeless black outfit - it was more startling because she is a designer herself.
Singer Rihanna got into the superhero mode with a green batwinged jumpsuit, designed by Alexandre Vauthier. A throwback to 1982, the suit perhaps should actually have been thrown back.
Skin show is not a big deal for celebs in the west. And it seems 49-year-old Susan Boyle is desperate to join the gang - the “Britain’s Got Talent” star revealed a little more leg than she probably intended in a short floral skirt.
Singer Cheryl Cole brought back the memories of late pop legend Michael Jackson by getting into a military uniform and leotard combo but at an aerobics class.
Actress-singer Gwyneth Paltrow perhaps was looking for some air bath as she donned a dress that looked as if it had been held together with only strings to be precise.
“Pirates of the Caribbean” star Keira Knightley, who was rated as the second highest paid actress in 2008 by Forbes, seems to be spending less on her wardrobe. She dressed down in what looked like a tablecloth for a movie premiere.
When former “Friends” beauty Jennifer Aniston made an appearance wrapped around an orange-pink Christian Lacroix at the premiere of her movie “Bounty Hunter”, it looked like a birthday ribbon frill.
And if you thought you only had the fair sex making errors when it came to dressing, hold on, there’s British comedian Russell Brand to accompany them all. He was clicked tattered trouser and Henti T-shirt with hight boots. After all he has not been voted as Hollywood’s worst-dressed man of 2010 for nothing.
- Hollywood Fashion Blunders Of 2010 - Dec 27, 2010
- Bieber's pink underwear exposed - Nov 24, 2011
- Tablecloth that reveals pretty patterns after spilling wine - Oct 29, 2010
- Kelly Brook's fashion faux pas - sheer leggings! - Mar 02, 2011
- Elton John turns interviewer to Gaga - May 14, 2011
- Desi girls opt for western outfits for IIFA green carpet - Jun 26, 2011
- Sonam not heading south (Movie Snippets) - Jun 27, 2011
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- I've been supervising Akshay's clothes, says Twinkle - Nov 17, 2010
- Supermodel Claudia makes fashion faux pas - Nov 05, 2010
- Janet Jackson narrowly avoids another wardrobe malfunction - Feb 22, 2011
- Waistlines rose, beaded pieces ruled Indian fashion (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
- Ronaldo's girlfriend shows off her curves in eye-popping skintight outfit - Jan 28, 2011
- Turmeric - Thandie Newton's beauty secret - Feb 22, 2012
- I love window shopping: Jennifer Lopez - May 13, 2010
Tags: aerobics class, air bath, black lace, britain s got talent, caribbean star, gwen stefani, gwyneth paltrow, highest paid actress, international celebrities, keira knightley, lady gaga, mtv awards, pirates of the caribbean, pop diva, pop legend, singer gwen stefani, skin show, susan boyle, venus william, wardrobe malfunction