‘Gucci’ Fiat 500 unveiled at Milan Fashion WeekFebruary 25th, 2011 - 1:28 pm ICT by IANS
Milan, Feb 25 (IANS/AKI) Italian car giant Fiat and top fashion house Gucci have rolled out the ‘500 by Gucci’ at Milan’s Fashion Week. The special edition of Fiat’s iconic 500 car marks Gucci’s 90th anniversary and the 150th anniversary of a unified Italian peninsula.
The ‘500 by Gucci’, a citycar whose pricetag starts at around 17,000 euros, was custom designed by Frida Giannini, Gucci’s creative director.
The car is distinguished from the regular Fiat 500 by a green-red-green stripe common to many of Florence-based Gucci’s luxury fashion items.
The 500 by Gucci will be displayed in Geneva for 10 days starting March 3 and showcased in London, Paris, Tokyo and other cities.
The car will be sold online from April 1 to June 30.
- Italy's Fiat dealers in for a sad Christmas - Dec 24, 2010
- Blake Lively new face of Gucci - Jun 24, 2012
- Fiat sales take a hit in Europe - Jun 16, 2012
- Gucci to introduce children's line - Apr 14, 2010
- Ferrari to modify name of race car after spat with Ford - Feb 12, 2011
- Fiat not to leave Italy amid sales plunge - Sep 19, 2012
- Toy cars made of cocaine seized in Italy - Oct 13, 2011
- Italian kills wife for being 'too beautiful' - Jul 03, 2012
- Barbie dolls wearing Indian sari, burqa go under the hammer - Nov 19, 2009
- Four tonnes of banned fireworks seized in Italy - Dec 30, 2011
- `Blind' man caught driving in Italy - Jan 13, 2012
- Italy bans New Year fireworks to protect pets - Dec 29, 2011
- J-Lo's twin toddlers face camera for charity - Jan 20, 2011
- Berlusconi to take over AC Milan from daughter - Feb 17, 2012
- Gaddafi's $25 mn Italian hotel complex seized - May 17, 2012
Tags: 150th anniversary, april 1, car giant, car marks, citycar, creative director, fashion house, fashion week milan, fiat, fiat 500, florence, frida giannini gucci, geneva, italian car, italian peninsula, london paris, luxury fashion, milan fashion week, pricetag, showcased