Granny at 23!March 7th, 2011 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 7 (IANS) A woman has become Britain’s youngest grandmother at 23 after her daughter gave birth at the young age of 11.
Mother of two children, Rifca Stanescu had given birth to her first child when she was just 12.
Stanescu said she had urged her daughter Maria not to follow her example. But she still went ahead with her pregnancy.
For her marriage, Stanescu had eloped with a jewellery seller, 13, fearing her father intended her to marry another village boy in Investi, Romania.
Britain’s youngest grandmother was an unnamed 26-year-old from Rotherham, Yorks. Her daughter, 12, gave birth in 1999.
- 23-year-old Romanian becomes world's youngest granny - Mar 07, 2011
- Rifca Stanescu becomes the world's youngest grandmother at 23 - Mar 07, 2011
- Girl,10, who gave birth, lived with partner in Romania - Nov 07, 2010
- 29 years old UK man all set to be a grand-dad - Jan 25, 2011
- Track Palin & wife expecting their first child - Jul 21, 2011
- After 14 miscarriages, mum finally gives birth to a healthy baby - Mar 07, 2012
- 10-year-old Romanian girl gives birth in Spain - Nov 03, 2010
- 11-year-old girl gives birth in the central Philippines - Nov 28, 2011
- Meet the 29-yr-old who is set to become Britain's youngest grandmother - Feb 28, 2011
- Amanda Holden welcomes daughter - Jan 26, 2012
- Mom happy that her daughter, 10, gave birth - Nov 05, 2010
- 29-year-old man to become Britain's youngest grandfather - Jan 25, 2011
- Kris Jenner is still seeing her old flame Todd Waterman - Jul 26, 2012
- Mexican woman with nine babies a fraud, say doctors - May 01, 2012
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011