GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFWAugust 7th, 2012 - 6:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 7 (IANS) If she wowed movie buffs with her performance in “Gangs of Wasseypur” (GOW), actress Huma Qureshi impressed fashionistas when she walked the ramp Tuesday in a black dress as showstopper for Atithi Gupta at the fifth and final day of Lakme Fashion Week 2012.
For Huma, Gupta created a black dress with uneven drape hemline and teamed it up with golden zardosi sleeveless shrug.
“I work on detailing. My garments look simple but there is lot of texturing and gathering. I wanted to keep it minimalistic, stylish and different,” Gupta told IANS.
When asked why she chose Huma as her showstopper, the designer explained: “In her forthcoming movie ‘Gangs of Wasseypur 2′, Huma plays the love interest of a gangster. There is lot of drama to her character in the film, she tries to imitate Madhuri Dixit. I thought this would add drama to my garments and that she would do justice.”
The music of “Gangs Of…” played in the background when the actress sashayed down the ramp and it was a perfect promotion for part two of the film, releasing Wednesday. Director Anurag Kashyap, who showed up a little late, was there to cheer for Huma.
Gupta’s collection offered dresses, pleated skirts, draped outfits, jumpsuits and she also experimented with unique jackets and fluid pants.
She used a mix of fabrics like georgette, wrinkled crepe, chiffons and cotton silks to give a feminine and classy feel to her garments. A wide range of colors including blue, pastel purples, black and grey was used.
The final day also saw collections by other new designers - Nupur Kanol and Ruchika Sachdeva.
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Gangs...' male dominant, but with strong women: Huma Qureshi - May 19, 2012
- Young designers shine at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 30, 2011
- Gulshan Kumar's daughter makes 'fairy tale' debut at LFW - Mar 02, 2012
- Props, stilt dancers, fairytale ambiance...LFW finale spelt grandeur - Mar 16, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week - Day 2 Showcases Young Talent - Sep 22, 2010
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' promises high octane thrills (IANS Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- Monisha Jaising woos with simple, chic designs - Oct 07, 2010
- Huma Qureshi in Hollywood cameo - Jul 23, 2012
- Designer presents incomplete collection at LFW - Aug 21, 2011
- Fortunate to have two debut films: Huma Qureshi (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jul 23, 2012
- Anurag attends Kalki's ramp show - Aug 20, 2011
- Fashion goes beyond ramp; gets wearable, affordable (LFW Review) - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: anurag kashyap, best foot, black and grey, black dress, chiffons, fashion week, fashionistas, golden zardosi, hemline, huma, jumpsuits, love interest, madhuri dixit, movie buffs, new designers, pleated skirts, purples, ruchika, sachdeva, showstopper