Good night’s sleep is life’s ‘greatest little pleasure’December 31st, 2009 - 2:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 31 (ANI): Some of the little pleasures of life have no price tag on them - just like a good night’s sleep.
Curling up in bed after a long day and waking up feeling completely refreshed the following morning is so good that it has been voted life’s ‘greatest little pleasure’, reports The Telegraph.
In the study of 3,000 Brits, a tenner in your pocket came second, closely followed by cuddling up to a loved-one in bed.Rob Stacey spokesman for Batchelors Cup-a-Soup, which carried out the poll, said: ‘You can’t beat the feeling of getting into bed after a long, hard day.
‘And that feeling gets even better when you wake up feeling great and back to your normal self the following morning. ‘We don’t always need something major to happen to brighten up our day - sometimes the little things have just as much of an effect.
‘Often the little gestures such as a quick cuddle or a compliment can really help to cheer someone up if they are having a bad day, and can even be more welcome than splashing out on expensive presents.’
Top 50 greatest little pleasures in life
1.A good night’s sleep2.Finding a forgotten tenner in your pocket3.Cuddling up with a partner in bed4.Crying with laughter5.Having a lie-in6.Sleeping in newly laundered bedding7.Getting a bargain8.Making someone smile9.Catching up with an old friend10.Laughing at things that have happened in the past11.Eating a Sunday roast with your family12.Someone saying you look nice13.Curling up on the sofa with a good book and a hot drink or soup14.Discovering you’ve lost a few pounds15.Breakfast in bed16.Waking up thinking it’s a work day and then realising it’s the weekend17.A random person smiling at you in the street18.Looking through old photo albums19.Eating a takeaway20.First snow fall of the year21.Singing your heart out to your favourite song in car22.Having lunch with friends23.Listening to a baby laughing24.Having a massage25.Reading a book or listening to your iPod on holiday by the pool26.Playing in snow27.Finding a pair of jeans that fit perfectly28.Being chatted up29.A girly-night in30.A pampering session at home31.The smell of freshly cut grass32.Sitting in the pub with your friends33.Looking at a baby asleep in a cot34.Waking up in a room with an amazing view35.Clothes shopping36.Receiving a letter from a friend37.Fitting into an old pair of jeans again after losing some weight38.Staying up all night getting to know someone special39.Your mum’s cooking40.Getting dressed up for a night out41.Watching a live band42.Drinking a cold beer after work43.Browsing in a secondhand book shop44.Going to the cinema45.Getting a new hairstyle46.Your queue being the quickest in the supermarket47.The cold side of the pillow48.Watching a DVD49.Getting tipsy50.Popping bubble wrap. (ANI)
- 50 things that make people happy - Oct 29, 2011
- Now measure your sleep pattern with wireless (With Images) - Jul 26, 2012
- Manhattan woman shares her bed with rodent pets! - Oct 11, 2010
- A third of women dislike cuddling - Nov 05, 2011
- Do you sleep text? You could be badly stressed - Nov 24, 2011
- I am the best hairstylist: Nicole Richie - May 06, 2012
- Sleep positions speak volumes about your romantic relationship - Feb 24, 2010
- Why some people find it difficult to wake up in the morning - Feb 17, 2011
- Exam fever grips students in capital - Feb 29, 2012
- Beckham's kids love tipsy mom - Apr 14, 2012
- Snoring husbands turn women into beastly bedfellows - Aug 04, 2010
- Brit blonde, 25, claims she has slept with 5000 men - Aug 13, 2010
- Six steps to a happy sex life - Apr 30, 2010
- How to minimize stress this holiday season - Dec 12, 2010
- Mums' sleep quality during babies' 1st months not good enough: Study - Sep 01, 2010
Tags: compliment, cuddle, cup a soup, favourite song, first snow, gestures, having a bad day, ipod, little pleasures, lunch, old photo, pleasure, price tag, random person, reading a book, snow fall, sofa, spokesman, telegraph, tenner