Goa government has no plans to hand over German rape case to CBIOctober 26th, 2008 - 6:17 pm ICT by ANI
Panaji, Oct 26 (ANI): The Goa government on Sunday said that it has no plans of handing over of the alleged rape case of a German minor to the Central Bureau of Investigation.
State Chief Secretary J P Singh said, “The police are doing a fairly good job and there has been no thought about handing over the case to CBI.”
The mother of the 14-year-old teenager had accused State Education Minister Atanasio Monserratte’’s son Rohit and Public Works Department Minister Churchill Alemao’’s nephew Warren of sexually abusing her daughter.
On Monday, Justice A P Lavade of Goa Bench of Bombay High Court would takes up the case for hearing and the investigating agencies will have to reply as to why the investigation should not be handed over to a specialized agency in accordance with law.
On October 24, Bombay High Court Chief Justice Swatanter Kumar and Justice S A Bobde had taken suo moto cognisance of this high-profile rape case.
The bench had called upon the investigating officers to explain the developments in the case and why none of alleged accused or suspects had been apprehended. (ANI)
- Facing rape charge, Goa minister's son cries trial by media - Dec 10, 2008
- Pakistan SC concerned over out-of-court settlements - Jun 01, 2012
- 'Congress leader scuttled investigations into German girl's rape' - Nov 03, 2008
- Adarsh scam: Money laundering case against 14 accused - Apr 30, 2012
- Charges against Goa minister in rape case may be dropped (Lead) - Jan 06, 2009
- German rape victim's mother asked to give income details - Oct 27, 2008
- Goa police asked to file charges against minister's son in rape case - Jan 06, 2009
- German rape victim deposes before magistrate - Nov 01, 2008
- Governor not in RTI ambit? Court asks for affidavit - Jul 18, 2011
- Goan NGO seeks CBI probe into assault on its activist - Oct 26, 2008
- Officials wonder why police did not seek custody of rape accused - Nov 12, 2008
- Improve medical aid for Amarnath pilgrims: Apex court (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- All four members of Alemao family lose - Mar 06, 2012
- Goa government's PPP hospital project in trouble - Jun 16, 2011
- Minor German girl's rape: Goa minister's son surrenders (Lead) - Nov 04, 2008
Tags: bombay high court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief justice, chief secretary, churchill alemao, cognisance, education minister, goa government, good job, high profile, j p singh, nephew, october 24, panaji, rape case, rohit, specialized agency, state chief, state education