Global jazz festival in the capital from FridayMarch 13th, 2012 - 7:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) Top jazz bands from across the world will bring the best of fusion international jazz music March 16-18 at the Delhi Jazz Festival.
Presented by the Indian Council For Cultural Relations (ICCR) and capital-based NGO Seher, the festival will open with Polish band Wojtek Mazolewski Quintet, HFT and the Louiz Banks Matrixx at the Nehru Park, the ICCR said in a statement.
The festival will also host new bands like Dini Virsaladze Quartet from Georgia, Moonarra from India, Eol Trio from France, the Bica-Daerr-Stick Trio (Germany), Magos Herrera from Mexico and the Elkano Browing Cream from Spain.
The festival, like last year, will be webacast on all the three days so that people from across the world can watch in cyber space.
ICCR said more than 8,500 people in 21 countries watched the
festival on the web in 2011.
“The success of the first Delhi International Jazz Festival attended by about 10,000 people in Nehru Park has inspired the second Delhi International Jazz Festival at the same venue. It has established beyond doubt that the Delhi audience has a very broad horizon and taste for music,” ICCR director general Suresh Goel said.
- All that jazz in Delhi! - Apr 06, 2011
- 15 south Asian bands to rock Delhi - Nov 29, 2011
- Winter fest, youngsters give jazz a chance - Dec 14, 2011
- 12 bands and sounds of new age South Asian music - Dec 05, 2010
- Jazz musicians in Delhi mix new sounds with new venues (Feature) (With images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Winter beats: The great sound feast on in Delhi - Dec 14, 2010
- Voices of South Asia: 15 young bands forge new cultural engagement - Dec 13, 2010
- Panaji -- a jazz twin of Dutch town? - Feb 08, 2011
- Australian 'Band of Brothers' to play in Rajasthan - Oct 13, 2011
- India to set up Gandhi Centre in the Netherlands - Sep 20, 2011
- Mozart's cradle to Indian raga: Long journey for Austrian jazz band - Dec 04, 2010
- Global Sufi music fest in capital - Feb 04, 2012
- Indian music inspires top European jazz artist - Mar 10, 2010
- India to host Africa Festival (With Image) - Jun 06, 2012
- Two Grammy winners to perform in India for AIDS awareness - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: bica, cyber space, delhi international, director general, eol, goel, hft, iccr, international jazz festival, jazz bands, jazz music, magos herrera, music march, nehru park, new bands, ngo, polish band, quartet, quintet, suresh