Girls love a man in redAugust 5th, 2010 - 3:32 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 5 (IANS) Men who have long tried to woo women with chocolates, flowers and witty chat-up lines, now have an easier way to impress women - just wear red.
Scientists feel that the colour red apparently makes men more sexually desirable, attractive and powerful to women, reports express.co.uk.
Researchers asked women from Britain, the US, China and Germany to rate photos of “moderately attractive” men in different coloured tops - with red making all the difference.
“Our findings suggest the link between red and sex also applies to men. Red is associated with fertility, power and passion in the animal kingdom, with humans seemingly feeling the same way,” said Andrew Elliot, of Rochester University, New York, who headed this study.
“This suggests women’s thoughts and feelings towards men are, at least in part, primitive. A man who wears red may feel dominant which influences his self-confidence and behaviour and may impress women,” said Elliot.
- Women prefer men in red - Aug 03, 2010
- Men in red more attractive to women - Aug 03, 2010
- Women in red 'are like aphrodisiacs to men' - Oct 16, 2010
- Men get turned on most by women in red - Feb 18, 2009
- Why girls find bad boys sexier? - May 26, 2011
- Kashmiri flowers gulaala, giltoor inspire Manish Malhotra's collection - Feb 18, 2012
- Waitresses who wear red get more tips - Aug 04, 2012
- Women find chivalrous men 'more attractive' - Oct 23, 2010
- Women's luscious red lips - the biggest turn on for men! - Nov 25, 2010
- Red colour makes people react faster, more forcefully - Jun 03, 2011
- Chat-up lines are the way to a woman's heart - Aug 27, 2010
- Women in red a real turn off for men - Apr 17, 2012
- Ricky Martin likes smart men - Dec 17, 2010
- Drawing on research to teach art of flirting - Sep 18, 2011
- Foreign tourists find Braj Mandal Holi extraordinary - Mar 17, 2011
Tags: animal kingdom, attractive men, chat up lines, china, express co, feeling the same way, fertility, flowers, germany, girls, power and passion, rate photos, red london, rochester university, scientists, self confidence, thoughts and feelings, tops, uk researchers