Gaultier to design home textilesJuly 17th, 2012 - 8:06 am ICT by IANS
Paris, July 17 (IANS) French fashion designer John Paul Gaultier is set to venture into home furnishings. He has signed a deal with Paris-based fabric specialist Lelievre.
“I’m only a couturier. My metier is the art of dressing, and I’ve channeled the codes of my collections into these furnishing fabrics” said Gaultier, contactmusic.com reported.
The 60-year-old was earlier a creative director of Diet Coke and says he enjoyed working on it.
“It was great fun to dress them. The Diet Coke motif is so beautiful, I had to design around this. The finishing touch was to apply my logo to the bottle, like applying a fragile stamp - making it something special you want to touch,” he added.
- Bangalore cricket fan designs "World Cup" sari - Mar 23, 2011
- Adele wants Christopher Bailey's designs - Sep 07, 2011
- Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection - Feb 17, 2012
- I've fused history, art, fashion in new project: J.J. Valaya (Interview) - Feb 11, 2011
- Diane Von Furstenberg to create Evian bottle - Jul 24, 2012
- Gaultier defends Winehouse-inspired show - May 05, 2012
- Designer Karl Lagerfeld gives Diet Coke bottle a makeover - Mar 30, 2011
- Indian designers unfazed by Hermes sari plans - Oct 16, 2011
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- John Galliano's 'victim' defends designer - Mar 11, 2011
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Running after kids keeps me fit: Raveena Tandon - Nov 20, 2010
- Pakistani designer at Paris fair - Jul 04, 2012
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- Crossover: Fashion feeds abstract art (With Image) - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: collections, couturier, creative director, diet coke, fabric, finishing touch, french fashion designer, furnishing fabrics, home furnishings, home textiles, john paul gaultier, july 17, metier, motif, paris