Galliano facing defamation lawsuitMay 7th, 2011 - 5:08 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 7 (IANS) Fashion designer John Galliano is facing a lawsuit for defamation after he accused his attorney of dishonesty.
Galliano was sacked as head designer for Christian Dior after he was arrested by police in Paris in February over allegations that he racially abused a couple at a bar and praised Adolf Hitler.
Dailystar.co.uk reports that on Wednesday it emerged he had sacked his attorney Stephane Zerbib and later made a complaint of “aggravated breach of trust” - but Zerbib has now hit back with a counter-suit for defamation.
It will be announced on May 12 as to when Galliano will go on trial over allegations of making racist and anti-Semitic remarks.
- Brit fashion designer John Galliano filmed saying 'I love Hitler' - Mar 01, 2011
- Dior's John Galliano sacked over 'anti-Jewish slurs' - Mar 02, 2011
- Dior suspends Galliano after anti-Semitic remarks (Lead) - Feb 26, 2011
- Galliano didn't use racist remarks: Lawyer - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Anti-Jewish' John Galliano 'could face prison despite apology' - Mar 03, 2011
- Galliano stripped of French honour - Aug 26, 2012
- John Galliano to sue couple accusing him of making Asian slurs - Feb 27, 2011
- John Galliano's Paris Fashion Week show scrapped - Mar 05, 2011
- John Galliano found guilty - Sep 09, 2011
- John Galliano's show cancelled - Mar 05, 2011
- Designer John Galliano trial set for June 22 - May 13, 2011
- I don't think he's racist. I just think he's very ill, says Galliano's 'victim' - Mar 12, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from own label - Apr 15, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from Dior - Mar 02, 2011
- John Galliano sacked from own fashion label following anti-Semitic rant - Apr 16, 2011