From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFWMarch 15th, 2011 - 3:28 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 15 (IANS) Actress Perizaad Zorabian, who has been away from the spotlight for quite some time now, made an appearance as a showstopper for designer Pria Kataria Puri’s Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) show.
The 37-year-old, who gained popularity with films like “Bollywood Calling” and “Joggers’ Park” was last seen in “Y.M.I. Yeh Mera India” three years ago. After that the actress made infrequent public appearences.
At Pria’s show, Perizad strutted down the ramp wearing a silver mini.
“It’s a pleasure to be wearing Pria’s clothes. They are glamorous and stunning and have a very international appeal,” the actress told reporters here.
Marrakesh, a summer resort destination in Morocco, turned into an inspiration for Pria’s collection at LFW.
The colour story was dramatic with a generous play of off-white, yellow, orange, apple green, teal green, teal pink, burgundy, navy and black.
“The collection this season has been inspired by ‘Marrakesh’ and the prints at the show today were actually fabrics from their ancient heritage which I just photographed and then got them into prints so the collection is fun, its easy and it can be worn by anyone. It’s feminine and luxurious,” elaborated Pria.
The collection that comprised of kaftans, tunics, dresses, blouses and saris were added with a touch of glitter with mirror work and crystals along with large doses of silk tassels and unique prints.
The fabrics used were chiffons, silk, crepe, georgette, satin, velvet, jersey and tulle.
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- 'Time fashion industry is viewed as serious business' - Aug 04, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan creates frenzy on LFW day three - Sep 19, 2010
- Maria Goretti drapes sari for Payal Singhal's LFW show - Sep 20, 2010
- Dresses inspired by red carpet glamour in LFW (With Image) - Aug 09, 2011
- Rina Dhaka returns to LFW after two years - Aug 18, 2011
- From Hollywood to Bollywood, tribal fashion gets modern makeover - Aug 19, 2012
- Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week ramp - Mar 27, 2010
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Indira Baikerikar's latest collection an ode to artisans - Jul 15, 2012
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: ancient heritage, apple green, blouses, crepe georgette, glitter, international appeal, kataria, lakme fashion week, lfw, mirror work, perizaad zorabian, public appearences, puri, quite some time, resort destination, saris, tassels, teal green, tulle, yellow orange