From glamour to business, Rajasthan Fashion Week promises to be grandMay 23rd, 2012 - 6:28 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 23 (IANS) The Pink City is all set to host its first ever fashion week and the three-day Rajasthan Fashion Week (RJW) extravaganza promises a heady mix of creativity, innovativeness, business and glamour when it kicks off Thursday.
Organisers Raahul Dhyani and Sharad Patel of VCS Events and Entertainment Pvt Ltd feel that the Indian fashion industry needs innovation and that the event will pave new paths.
“The Indian fashion industry needs diversification and innovation to generate greater business opportunities both within the country and globally.
“Several international buyers have shown interest in the Indian market. RFW aims at leveraging from this interest and celebrating fashion in India in a big way and opening newer roads in the business of fashion,” the duo said in a joint statement.
The first season of the RFW will have as many as 30 national and international designers participating in it. Some of the names include Vikram Phadnis, Shaahid Amir, Lina Tipnis and Rohit Verma. German designer Julia Bruchwitz, known for her couture collection, will also take part in the event.
Bollywood celebrities Vivek Oberoi, Zayed Khan, Rannvijay Singh, Riya Sen and Payal Rohatgi are expected to dazzle on the ramp and jazz up the event.
Renowned jewellery houses and accessory designers are expected to add bling and colour to the show.
If things go as planned, star cricketer Rahul Dravid is likely to walk the ramp for designer duo Rohit and Abhishek.
Why choose Rajasthan as the venue?
“We want to revive Rajasthan as the next big fashion hub in the international fashion industry. RFW will definitely be an enriching experience for all those who are involved with the fashion week and I am sure the result will help to boost the Indian fashion industry,” said Dhyani.
Achla Sachdev, a regular name at the Lakme Fashion Week, will choreograph the shows.
- Now comes Rajasthan Fashion Week! - Mar 28, 2012
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- 'Big Boss' gave me recognition as designer: Rohit Verma (With Images) - May 26, 2012
- Hyderabad gets a Fashion Week - Nov 04, 2009
- 11 designers to participate in India Bridal Fashion Week (With Images) - Aug 28, 2012
- LFW advances winter/festive edition to August - Apr 05, 2011
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- Designers, not celebrities in focus at LFW (Rerview) - Mar 07, 2012
- Tinu Verghis bids adieu to modelling industry (With Image) - Feb 21, 2012
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Compromise major issue that male models face: Bharat Sharma - Sep 09, 2011
- Agragami, a step to bridge gap between old and new designers, entrepreneurs - May 22, 2011
- Brett Lee to walk the ramp for Indian designer - Jun 17, 2011
- Celebrities grab limelight, designers sidelined: Rohit Bal - Feb 07, 2012
Tags: accessory designers, achla sachdev, couture collection, dhyani, dravid, fashion hub, german designer, heady mix, indian fashion, international designers, international fashion industry, jaipur, lakme fashion week, payal rohatgi, pink city, rannvijay, riya sen, sharad, vivek oberoi, zayed khan