From apparel to laptop accessories, Satya Paul explores new avenuesJune 7th, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) After designing saris and gowns, Satya Paul, a known brand in fashion, has ventured into making accessories for laptops as they feel fashion is not restricted to just clothes.
The brand’ latest association is with Intel to designing laptop accessories and bags for its newly launched Ultrabooks.
“The Ultrabook is highly desirable lifestyle accessory for everyone because of its unique combination of artistic craftsmanship and advanced technology. Satya Paul is synonym with evocative designs, signature prints and timeless style, so we thought of designing a line of exclusive accessories for them,” said Rajiv Grover, chief operating officer of Genesis Colors Pvt Ltd.
“We designed laptop bags for Samsung, HP and many other brands. I feel that it’s great to partner with corporate houses today as fashion is no longer only about clothes but expressing yourself through cars, computers, laptops, phones and i-pods,” he added.
Genesis Colors Pvt Ltd is holding company for brands like Satya Paul, Satya Paul menswear and accessories, Tie Rack London and Bwitch.
“We would like to get associated with all kind of brands where we get a chance to express ourselves in fashionable way,” Grover told IANS.
Satya Paul is known for its printed saris, neckties and scarves. The brand, which was creatively headed by Puneet Nanda, is now being spearheaded by Jyoti Narula, the managing director of Genesis Colors.
And Grover feels that Narula’s creativity helped the brand to explore.
“Nanda has been always there… It’s just that he is on sabbatical. As of now the design part is headed by Jyoti Mohan Narula. He is also our managing director and, trust me, he is leading the designers very well,” he said.
“Earlier, we were only known for saris, but today western gowns, tunics and handbags are as popular as sari… We even got into bridal, so it’s not only about sari anymore. We have moved to a completely different thing,” he added.
Their next project is designing cover for a refrigerator company.
“I can’t disclose the name but we have been approached by consumer durable to design for refrigerators. So that’s there in the pipeline. It’s almost finalised,” said Grover.
- Satya Paul coming up with a more economic line - Mar 16, 2011
- Satya Paul apparels wow Malaysians - Nov 24, 2010
- Satya Paul's growth largely due to Macs: Puneet Nanda - Oct 06, 2011
- Indian designers unfazed by Hermes sari plans - Oct 16, 2011
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
- Clothes were the real stars of Delhi Couture Week (Review) (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jul 26, 2010
- Indian is gorgeous, a perfect amalgamation of world culture: Italian designer (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 24, 2012
- Corporate backing must for fashion brands: Designers - Apr 04, 2012
- Satya Paul celebrates silver jubilee, pays tribute to women - Mar 09, 2010
- 'Incredible India' luring fashion world with business sense: Pakistani designer (With Images) - Apr 15, 2012
- New Puja wardrobe: Jeggings, maxis, gowns - Oct 04, 2011
- From films to fashion - Cannes rolls out red carpet for all (With images) - May 23, 2012
- Sreeram has velvet voice: Shaan (Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Mandira Bedi rocks Kolkata in Satya Paul collection - Sep 12, 2009
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: artistic craftsmanship, corporate houses, desirable lifestyle, grover, holding company, jyoti, laptop accessories, laptop bags, menswear, mohan, nanda, neckties, new avenues, pvt ltd, rajiv, sari, saris, tie rack, timeless style, tunics