Formula for perfect family trip revealedApril 13th, 2009 - 5:10 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 13 (ANI): Planning a day out with your family? Well, scientists have found a formula to make the experience perfect.
According to experts, parents wanting a stress-free day out with the kids should leave home at 8.37am and travel no more than 52 miles, reports the Scotsman.
A successful trip will also require around six-and-a-half hours at the beach, theme park or zoo with the children taking part in at least three different activities.
The temperature during the day should be a balmy 20C for an ideal trip and a party of two adults and two children around the age of eight will also ensure the excursion is enjoyable.
It also emerged that a family should spend 5.50 pounds on souvenirs such as a novelty pen, T-shirt, cuddly toy or stick of rock and should return home at 5.50pm.
The stats - which were also converted into a formula of ((Time + Journey) / Destination x (Group + Weather)] - Spend > 1.0 were compiled after a survey of 2,000 families by tyre maker Continental to launch their www.ContiGreatDaysOut.co.uk initiative.
According to the stats, one ice cream each for the children and a total cost of no more than 59 pounds as well as a total time for snack breaks of 47 minutes completes the criteria.
During the study, it was also found that 22 per cent of respondents think that beach is the most popular resort for a day trip, followed by a theme park (19 per cent) and a zoo (11 per cent).
The majority (56 per cent) of Brits opted for taking snacks as well as buying venue food to munch on and 32 per cent packed everything they would eat and drink for the day. (ANI)
- Kids don't want expensive pastime during holidays - Aug 17, 2012
- Are we most happy on turning 33? - Mar 27, 2012
- Delhi Metro to set up amusement park - Jul 26, 2011
- Delhi zoo looks at better upkeep - with its own revenue - Feb 10, 2012
- Brit school 'bribing' students to come to class - Oct 02, 2010
- Depp wants normal day with kids - Nov 11, 2011
- Pune zoo launches animal adoption scheme - Oct 17, 2010
- 1.5m Brits 'would like to be buried with their mobile phones'! - Dec 02, 2010
- Jenson Button's father 'forgot where he parked Ferrari 550 Maranello' - Jan 20, 2011
- Asia's first Legoland to open in Malaysia - Apr 26, 2012
- Haryana minister leads by example, adopts black buck - Jan 07, 2011
- Brit kids 'getting fatter at twice the rate of Americans' - Jun 26, 2010
- Andhra Govt. to translocate captive elephants from zoos, circuses to national parks - Dec 27, 2009
- Facebook, Twitter blamed for pupils' low grades, poor concentration - Nov 19, 2010
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: day trip, destination x, excursion, family trip, half hours, perfect family, respondents, scientists, scotsman, snack breaks, snacks, souvenirs, stress, t shirt, theme park, time journey, tyre, uk initiative, weather, zoo