Former supermodel Viveka Babajee commits suicideJune 26th, 2010 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 25 (IANS) Viveka Babajee, a former Indian supermodel, committed suicide by hanging herself at her Bandra residence late Friday night, a family friend said.
Confirming the suicide, Additional Commissioner of Police (Western Region) Amitabh Gupta said the reason behind Viveka taking the extreme step was not known and police were investigating.
Fashion designer Rohit Verma said she was supposed to take part in his fashion show next month and he was shocked to hear the news of her death.
Viveka, 32, was declared a supermodel in 1994 and was one of the most-sought after faces nationally and internationally in the fashion world.
- Viveka Babajee hanged herself, autopsy report confirms - Jun 26, 2010
- Viveka's family accuses boyfriend of abetting suicide (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Viveka was not depressed, death not natural: Family claims - Jul 01, 2010
- Viveka's friend Gautam Vohra gets court relief - Jun 29, 2010
- Police to grill Viveka Babajee's boyfriend - Jun 27, 2010
- No plan to reopen Viveka Babajee case, says family (With Image) - Apr 24, 2012
- Viveka Babajee, Former Kamasutra Model Found Dead In Mumbai - Jun 26, 2010
- Personal reasons behind Viveka Babajee's suicide? - Jun 26, 2010
- Erstwhile Model Viveka Babajee Commits Suicide - Jun 26, 2010
- Court asks Viveka's boyfriend to give statement to cops - Jun 28, 2010
- Fashion, Bollywood fraternity mourn Viveka Babajee's death - Jun 26, 2010
- After Viveka, another model commits suicide - Jul 12, 2010
- 'Modelling not a dark world, it's all about personal choices' - Jun 30, 2010
- Rohit Jugraj Speaks On His Relationship With Viveka Babajee - Jun 28, 2010
- Police hand over Viveka's house keys to family - Jul 08, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,