Former racing ace Lauda says Hamilton was robbed of Belgian titleSeptember 9th, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept.9 (ANI): Former racing champion Niki Lauda has said that Lewis Hamilton was robbed of victory in the Belgian Grand Prix, and described the penalty as the worst judgment in the history of F1. The Sun quoted the three-time world champion driver as saying that the sport was close to losing its integrity after Hamilton had been hit with a retrospective 25-second drive-through penalty for ”cutting a corner and gaining an advantage”.
“I do not understand this completely wrong decision,” said Lauda. Hamilton had attempted to overtake Kimi Raikkonen at the Bus Stop chicane at the end of lap 42 of the Spa Francorchamps circuit, but ended up using the run off area to avoid a collision.
Lewis had an advantage, but then he let him [Raikkonen] go by, then he simply out-braked him into the corner. There was no slipstreaming involved, nothing, claimed Lauda.
“So I do not understand this decision, and it’’s really bad for the sport because people watching will not watch any more because of this stupid decision,” added Lauda, 59. (ANI)
- Pussycat girlfriend is Hamiltons only charisma, says Lauda - Feb 20, 2009
- Force India's Hulkenberg finishes fourth in Belgium - Sep 02, 2012
- Button wins in chaotic Belgian GP - Sep 02, 2012
- Hamilton determined to make amends at Belgian Grand Prix - Aug 29, 2009
- Raikkonen wins Belgium GP, Force India get first points - Aug 30, 2009
- Domineering Hamilton wins Hungarian GP - Jul 29, 2012
- Force India's Fisichella makes history, Raikkonen wins - Aug 30, 2009
- Scherzinger's moment of horror - Sep 04, 2012
- Button races to 1st pole for McLaren in Belgium - Sep 01, 2012
- Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton says he has the edge over rival Kimi Raikkonen - Sep 12, 2008
- Chinese GP: Rosberg takes maiden F1 pole, Force India out of top-10 - Apr 14, 2012
- No Belgian Grand Prix title leaves Lewis Hamilton fuming - Sep 08, 2008
- FIA set to hear Hamilton appeal - Sep 21, 2008
- Webber wins Hungarian GP - Aug 01, 2010
- Fisichella can't believe it after taking sensational pole (Lead) - Aug 29, 2009