Foreign observers to witness armed forces exercise in RajasthanMarch 19th, 2008 - 11:07 am ICT by admin
Pokhran (Rajasthan), Mar 19 (ANI): Foreign dignitaries and Defence Attaches of 60-65 countries will witness the might of the Indian Army and the Air Force during Exercise “Brazen Chariots” at the Pokhran field firing range in Western Rajasthan today.
”Brazen Chariots,” a fire and manoeuvre combat exercise has been set to project the manoeuvre warfare doctrine, which has since been promulgated in the Indian Armed Forces and is seen as a breakaway from the traditional attritionist approach of the Army.
The Army is putting to test all of its latest weapon system acquisitions, to include the state of the art missile firing tanks T-90 (Bhishma), all weather Air Defence Gun Missile Systems, Searcher UAVs and other electronic sensors and surveillance equipment.
The Indian Air Force during the exercise will closely support the surface forces with its frontline fighter aircraft like the SU-30 Mk I and Jaguar, unleashing variety of ordnance.
The exercise will also involve deployment of a comprehensive communication and data linking systems incorporating Battlefield Surveillance System and Force Multiplier Command Post.
While the acquisition of hi-tech weaponry and war fighting support systems is an essential pre-requisite to success in battle, honing human skills to be able to apply infinite technology advancements in military hardware is a never-ending challenge faced by modern armies of the world, the Indian Army being no exception.
During the conduct of exercise, combat decisions taken at each level of command will be analyzed for their ability to synergise the application of state-of-the-art weapon platforms to achieve optimum results aimed at causing pre-emption, disruption and dislocation of opposing forces. (ANI)
- Indian Army gears up for war game in Rajasthan desert - Apr 24, 2012
- SC notice to government on plea against Cairn-Vedanta deal (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Indian Army to hold summer exercise in Rajasthan desert - Feb 26, 2012
- Foreign observers to witness armed forces exercise in Rajasthan - Mar 13, 2008
- IAF plans to induct more drones in fleet - Feb 04, 2012
- India to induct Akash missiles, holds war game in northeast (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Jointness with army, navy is way forward, says IAF - Oct 08, 2011
- IAF to stage exercise in Gujarat, Rajasthan - Nov 09, 2011
- Indian Army plans force accretion near Pakistan, China borders - Oct 10, 2011
- US clears attack chopper, sophisticated radar, missiles for India - Jan 04, 2011
- Indian Air Force holds war games in northeast - Mar 01, 2012
- Varun Gandhi among MPs at Indian Army exercise - Dec 03, 2011
- Army's summer war game in Punjab ends - Jun 01, 2011
- Exercise Brazen Chariots displays Indias military might - Mar 20, 2008
- IAF scouting for long-range missiles - Apr 25, 2011
Tags: armies of the world, brazen chariots, electronic sensors, firing range, force multiplier, foreign dignitaries, indian air force, indian armed forces, indian army, infinite technology, linking systems, missile systems, optimum results, pokhran, surface forces, surveillance equipment, surveillance system, system acquisitions, technology advancements, warfare doctrine