First shoes ‘closer to a woman’s heart than her first kiss! ‘December 15th, 2009 - 4:35 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 15 (ANI): First shoes are much closer to a girl’s heart than her first kiss, says a new survey.
Be it a pair of Jimmy Choos or ones picked from a flea market, more than 92 per cent of women remember the time when they first bought shoes with their own money, the study found.
Less than two, however, in three recalled the name of the person they first kissed, reports The Telegraph.
The study, which included more than 1,000 women, found that 96 per cent of women said they regretted having thrown away a pair of shoes, while only 15 per cent felt sorry for breaking up with a boyfriend.
Experts said the reasons behind women’s fondness for footwear were down to their shoe buying habits.
Glendon Lloyd, director of website tszuji.co.uk, which commissioned the survey, said: “These results show that women are even more attached to their footwear than previously thought.
“People always think of women storing old love letters in a shoebox, but in many cases, the shoes themselves are even more precious.
“Women treat shoes like best friends. And it seems their footwear memories last longer than those of their past lovers. ” (ANI)
- Jimmy Choo wants to buy back shoe chain he co-founded 15yrs ago - Mar 20, 2011
- Madonna shuns sex for shoes! - Dec 19, 2009
- Jimmy Choo creates men's shoes - Jan 20, 2011
- Jimmy Choo sold for 525.5 mn pounds - May 23, 2011
- Cash-strapped women in UK hiring heels to sizzle at parties! - Mar 04, 2010
- Almost every woman has 11 pairs of shoes she'll never wear - May 02, 2011
- Jimmy Choo to create crystal shoes for anniversary - Nov 25, 2010
- Brit women spend more on themselves during Christmas - Dec 03, 2010
- 'Shoes change women's personality', says Jimmy Choo - Jun 21, 2010
- After shoes, it's perfume now for Jimmy Choo - Oct 03, 2011
- Jimmy Choo to work with Rob Pruitt - Apr 14, 2012
- Kiwi men pay more to get their shoes repaired than women - Sep 11, 2010
- 'Killer high heels' have injured 3mn women! - Nov 06, 2010
- Beverley Knight owns nearly 500 pairs of shoes - Sep 24, 2010
- 34 minutes - the time it takes for a new pair of shoes to pinch! - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: best friends, buying habits, first kiss, first shoes, flea market, fondness, footwear, heart, jimmy choos, lloyd, london, memories, money, new survey, old love letters, pair of shoes, shoebox, telegraph