Financial aid announced for old artistesJune 21st, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 21 (IANS) The government Tuesday announced a monthly assistance of Rs.4,000 for old artistes under a new scheme.
The aid scheme is for persons distinguished in letters, arts and such other walks of life, who may be in indigent circumstances, and their dependents, a ministry of culture statement said.
The scheme will benefits artistes and scholars above 58 years of age and retired from their vocations. The artistes should have made significant contribution to their sphere of expertise.
The scheme is also open to traditional scholars.
The applicant’s personal income (or that of spouse) must not exceed Rs.4,000 per month, according to the statement.
The centre pays Rs.3,500 every month as assistance while the state gives Rs.500 to the beneficiary.
The assistance is sanctioned on the recommendation of an experts committee constituted for the purpose, the ministry added.
- Cash assistance to Kashmiri migrants in Delhi hiked - Sep 13, 2010
- Nearly 3,000 artists avail special scheme - Aug 03, 2011
- Vocalist Girija Devi conferred Sangeet Natak Akademi fellowship - Jul 22, 2011
- India slashes tax incentives for exporters - Sep 16, 2011
- Sports minister gives ex-gratia aid to archer - May 17, 2012
- Weak rupee brings cheer to seafood industry - Nov 22, 2011
- Dhumal announces sops on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Delhi increases senior citizens' pension - Oct 17, 2011
- UP cabinet clears unemployment allowance - May 11, 2012
- CCEA green signals Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana - Oct 20, 2010
- Tamil Nadu to expand biometric smart card-based pension scheme - Jan 21, 2012
- China's high-speed rail to surpass 10,000 km - Feb 16, 2012
- Traffic penalties to increase manifold - Mar 01, 2012
- Cabinet nod to food bill likely Tuesday - Dec 12, 2011
- Government signs accord with World Bank $155.3 mn grant (With Image) - Feb 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,