Films less scary than walking ramp: Tara SharmaMarch 3rd, 2012 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 3 (IANS) A walk on the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) ramp turned out to be special for actress Tara Sharma, who became a showstopper for the first time Saturday for designer Pia Pauro. She says the experience made her nervous.
“It’s actually my debut. I have never been a showstopper,” Tara told IANS after the show.
“This is the first time that I walked the ramp as I have never really been a ramp model at all. So I was a bit nervous. I find doing films a less scary experience. When, you have to walk quietly, its quite scary,” she added.
Tara wore a knee-length, golden-coloured blingy dress as the showstopper.
The 35-year-old, who has featured in films like “Om Jai Jagdish” and “Page 3″, got married in 2007. She has two sons — Zen and Kai — and says motherhood makes a woman good at multi-tasking.
“For me, Pia is a friend and the other connection is that we both are moms and have two kids each. The fact is that women can multi-task. So you can be a mother, and be working and can be doing a show and walking on the ramp. If you have good kids and good husband, everything goes smoothly,” she said with a smile.
Pauro’s collection, titled Shamal, was high on tribal influence, with a lot of bling. Her clothes, in colours like electric blue, indigo, orange, pink and natural shades, were classy and stylish.
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Geeta Basra walks for designers Parvesh-Jai at LFW - Mar 11, 2011
- Amrita Rao walks the ramp for girl child - Nov 03, 2010
- What gives Nargis Fakhri cold feet? - Feb 19, 2012
- Gulshan Kumar's daughter makes 'fairy tale' debut at LFW - Mar 02, 2012
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- Bollywood girls dazzle in gold at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Tara Sharma prepares for second season of TV show - May 31, 2012
- Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-Nidhi - Aug 08, 2012
- No big stars shone on LFW ramp - Mar 16, 2011
- Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for Masaba - Mar 02, 2012
- Bollywood celebs don't detract from creations: Fashion designers - Sep 28, 2010
Tags: actress tara, blue indigo, colours, debut, jai, kai, knee length, lakme fashion week, motherhood, multi tasking, mumbai, natural shades, om jai jagdish, pia, ramp, scary experience, showstopper, smile, tara sharma, zen