Festive wear makes a mark at Lakme Fashion WeekSeptember 17th, 2010 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 17 (IANS) Designer Krishna Mehta’s festive collection at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week oozed the wow factor with models sashaying down the ramp in elegant traditional wear.
The designer, who has been into prÃªt lines for more than a decade, revisited couture with her show, bringing forth elegantly flowing lehengas, anarkali suits, sarees, sherwanis, kurtis and Indo-Western tunics.
“I have done a couture collection after almost 15 years. It’s a very unique collection because it doesn’t restrict you to wear something in a particular way. You can team different things together. Yet all the clothes are very wearable,” Mehta told IANS.
“It was very interesting to do this line but there was a lot of work involved,” she added.
Mehta kept the colour palette muted with gold, crÃ¨me and beige with dashes of black, red and purple. As far as the fabric was concerned, the designer went in for georgettes, muslin and silk.
Chickan, antique gold, gota and zardozi embroidery with sequins work was in prominence and added zing to the whole collection.
Even though the collection was entirely a festive line, no jewellery was used.
When asked the reason for this, Mehta replied: “I didn’t want the focus to shift from the clothes. Also the garments were already quite heavy with a lot of work, detailing and embroidery. If I would have added jewellery to it, the models would have looked like Christmas trees.”
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- It's fun designing Genelia's wedding trousseau: Ritu Kumar (With Images) - Feb 01, 2012
- Drape that Kanjeevaram, Benarasi this Diwali - Oct 20, 2011
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Make your cult in bridal wear: Tarun Tahiliani - Jul 25, 2012
- Fashion is a difficult and turbulent career: Ritu Kumar - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: christmas trees, colour palette, couture collection, dashes, different things, embroidery, festive collection, garments, gota, indo, jewellery, krishna mehta, kurtis, lakme fashion week, muslin, prominence, ramp, sequins, sherwanis, zing