Felix Bendish to showcase at Hong Kong Fashion WeekDecember 9th, 2011 - 3:40 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Dec 9 (IANS) Mumbai-based accessories designer Felix Bendish, who made his ramp debut at the India Resort Fashion Week (IRFW) here, is all set to go international with the Hong Kong Fashion Week in early 2012.
“I am looking forward to the Hong Kong Fashion Week, where I will put up my stall on all the four days. It will be an outstanding opportunity for me to showcase my creativity to a global market and build my brand name,” Bendish told IANS on the sidelines of IRFW.
The Hong Kong Fashion Week will kickstart Jan 16, 2012. The designer will display his couture line, which includes accessories like neckpieces, handbags, scarves and headgear.
“It will be fun to present a collection which will be mix of Indian sensibility and western designs and I know the people in the west will love it,” he added.
Bendish, who is regular at the fashion weeks in Mumbai and New Delhi, is happy with the response of the fashionistas to his first runway show at IRFW. He also feels Goa can be a great fashion destination in India.
“I have just opened my first store in Goa and after this, a runway show is an add-on. I think the place has the potential to be the next fashion capital if things are well organised.
Mumbai and Delhi fashion weeks have already witnessed many editions, so it won’t be correct to compare Goa with them as yet. But if mainstream designers come to promote the fashion week, I am sure the next edition of IRFW will be fun to watch out for,” he said.
The designer’s IRFW collection was inspired by Charles Robert Darwin and his “survival of the fittest” theory. The models were seen in dresses, cropped pants, kaftans and statement accessories.
- Felix Bendish to launch clutch line in WIFW - Oct 04, 2011
- Rahul Mishra offers hand-made, affordable accessories - Feb 22, 2012
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- I believe in presenting India-inspired collections: Manish Malhotra - Dec 13, 2011
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- Sari as resort wear? Why not, asks designer Anupamaa - Dec 09, 2011
- Designerwear show affecting local business in Goa? - Dec 10, 2011
- Global attention, not business in focus at IRFW (Review) - Dec 11, 2011
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Indian fashion weeks are interactive: British jewellery designer - Dec 10, 2011
- 19 designers, 10 models to debut at WIFW - Mar 04, 2010
- Beaches, babes, bikinis..here's India Resort Fashion Week (Curtain raiser) - Dec 06, 2011
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: brand name, charles robert darwin, creativity, fashion capital, fashion weeks, fashionistas, felix, global market, goa, great fashion, hong kong fashion, hong kong fashion week, kaftans, New Delhi, next fashion, ramp, runway show, scarves, sidelines, survival of the fittest theory