Fashion Trend Of The Next Year: HoneysuckleDecember 16th, 2010 - 8:28 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Dec 16, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The fashion trend in new year is going to tend towards bold and brighter colors. Pantone color institute the entity that is responsible for setting the fashion industry color trends for fashion and home industries almost each season has said that the color for 2011 is an intense shade of pink called Honeysuckle. The hue which is seen in some tropical flowers, is neither proper pink or bright red, but falls somewhere in between. Leatrice Eiseman who is the Pantone Color Institute’s executive director said “The reddish pink shade lights a fire to your senses and revs you up”.
In 2010 the fashion trend was quite different. The color according to the fashion gurus at the Pantone color institute matches the best with white and on its own. However, it does not all gel well with black. It also blends well with hues like green, oranges and blues. Pantone also said that this color is going to be sen in the collections of the leading fashion designers shortly. It will also make its presence felt in appliances, home decorative items and linens. The hue elevates the spirit of people and it has a festive tone about it. The experts think it is the perfect color to add some zing to life after the period of recession and economic hardship.
However, it is too early to say if this bright pinkish hue will dominate fashion trends for the entire span of the next year. There are some fashion industry veterans who are of the opinion that the color may be prevalent for a part of the next year. The consumers have been asked to incorporate the hue in their lives gradually.
- Pantone Color Institute: The most fashionable color is Honeysuckle for 2011 - Dec 16, 2010
- Honeysuckle is the colour of the year 2011, says Pantone - Dec 11, 2010
- Why white cars never go out of vogue - Sep 13, 2010
- Long Overcoats: The Most Desirable And Comfortable Wollens In Ones Wardrobe - Jan 13, 2011
- Flush of colours Manoviraj Khosla's show - Sep 04, 2011
- Yellows the fashion mantra to beat the global gloom in 2009 - Dec 04, 2008
- Honeysuckle coating protects people from UV rays - Jun 02, 2011
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Best Nail Colors For Winter 2010: Experiment With Your Nails - Oct 12, 2010
- Kavita Bhartia: The Bohemian Rhapsody In Her Wills Lifestyle Indian Fashion Week Collection - Jan 28, 2011
- Fashion conscious? Think neutral hues and khaki - Oct 28, 2010
- Designer Pallavi Mohan Launches Flowery Monsoon Line - Aug 07, 2010
- Fashion by astrology: cracking the zodiac code for everyday wear (With images) - Jun 01, 2010
- Having grey hair is the new hot trend! - Apr 18, 2011
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
Tags: color trends, economic hardship, eiseman, fashion designers, fashion gurus, fashion industry, fashion trend, fashion trends, festive tone, honeysuckle, hues, industry veterans, oranges, pantone color institute, pinkish hue, ranjan, recession, senses, tropical flowers, zing