Fashion designer Rodricks kicks off party season in GoaDecember 17th, 2007 - 10:19 pm ICT by admin
Goa, Dec 17 (ANI): Noted designer Wendell Rodricks showcased his Lounge Lizard collection in Panjim at the tourists’ paradise Goa kicking off the much-awaited party season.
Rodricks’ latest collection was an ensemble in black velvet, silver work and lots of tulle.
The collection has been inspired by and aimed at the young lounge reveller. All over India, the concept of a lounge or club has emerged as an integral part of entertainment.
The asymmetrical lines and sharp silhouettes along with electric mix of weaves and fabrics were the highlights of the show.
“The collection is looking great on the ramp. We have a lot of dark colours to start with because it is club wear basically for discos, and then we have gone into whites which is very pure and very Goa,” said Rodricks.
In the relaxed yet energetic ambience, clothing was young, sexy, sporty and yet cocktail wear.
Singer Remo Fernandes and model Carol Gracias graced the occasion.
“He’s got a very individual style, you know, among the Indian designers. What I love about him is that he doesn’t depend on Indian cliche of the Raj’s and Maharajas,” said Fernandes. Using a colour palette including black, aubergine, deep olive and silver, the Lounge Lizard collection by Rodricks uses diverse fabric woven or treated with a technological edge: Velvet is woven with lycra. Organza is heat treated to form pleats.
“It’s always a pleasure. I love his clothes. I feel like a lady and very beautiful and all that sort of thing. I am doing the Wendell show for the second time in Goa. So I am very happy to be here again, many years later. And I feel as great as ever,” said Carol.
The Wendell Rodricks signature style is unique in India, blending ancient Indian geometry with a relaxed Goan attitude. Using natural Indian fabrics, cut in a linear line, the silhouette is sheer, layered, draped and fluid.
The designer is referred to as the guru of minimalism in the Indian fashion industry, thus he has passed his signature style of minimalism, reinvented with a new creativity in his Lounge Lizard collection. (ANI)
- Wendell Rodricks impresses with vibrant men's week debut - Aug 29, 2010
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- 'Kitchens becoming style statement in South Asian homes' - May 14, 2012
- Goa was birthplace of Indo-Western garments: Wendell Rodricks (Interview, With Image) - Jan 27, 2012
- From huts to high streets: Khadi comes of age (Feature) - Sep 30, 2011
- Taj Khazana: Reviving rare but uniquely Indian art and craft (With Images) - Feb 26, 2012
- Rodricks showcases his exquisite collection at Goa - Nov 14, 2009
- Dongre's tribute to Indian textiles at LFW (With Images) - Jul 28, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- Jayasuriya turns showstopper at Mumbai fashion show - Jan 10, 2010
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- WIFW spells business, designers ask for more (Review) - Oct 28, 2010
- Designers pen fashion bibles; legacy for younger lot - Jul 20, 2012
- Get set for the comeback of satin! - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: asymmetrical lines, black velvet, colour palette, dark colours, fashion designer, fashion industry, indian designers, indian fabrics, indian fashion, linear line, lounge lizard, maharajas, minimalism, model carol, panjim, pleats, signature style, silver work, technological edge, wendell rodricks