Express your love with diamond-studded undiesMay 17th, 2012 - 12:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 17 (IANS) If you happen to be one of those who believes buying an annoyed wife a nice set of innerwears is one of the surest ways to lift her mood, what if you could gift her a set of diamond-studded undies.
Marks & Spencer, one of Britain’s leading retailers, has introduced a special Diamond Jubilee undies collection. The lingerie line was inspired by the 1950s — the decade when Queen Elizabeth II ascended the throne, The Sun reported.
The collection features a “stunning regal purple” bra and knicker set alongside a conical bra and retro teddy to emulate the glamour of the ’50s, according to the company.
Its materials include vintage-inspired silk and lace and combinations of satin and mesh.
The compnay’s lingerie designers delved into the company archives to derive inspiration from original 1950s designs and came across the conical bra and “big knicker” shapes.
The designs, which include corsetry, have been made more wearable for present day consumers.
The tights are made in a hosiery factory in Britain’s Derbyshire county but the other items are produced abroad, a spokeswoman said.
The retailer sold just three bra sizes in the 1950s - small, medium and large. But today it offers more than 44 sizes.
- World's first ever carbon neutral bra goes on sale in UK - Apr 14, 2011
- Flaunt your kinky side with 'bondage-style lingerie' this season! - Dec 04, 2010
- 'Romantic and naught' lingerie that fastens with magnets! - Nov 10, 2010
- Whiteley turns lingerie designer - Aug 15, 2012
- Now, Rachel Bilson to launch shoe range - Oct 12, 2011
- Lily Allen designing a line of vintage-inspired dresses for her store - Mar 30, 2011
- Naughty lingerie in high demand amid Euro Cup mania - Jun 23, 2012
- Madonna launching her own range of lingerie - Aug 14, 2010
- How Brit girls' undies are giving the economy a sexy boost - May 28, 2010
- Playboy bunny costumes now on sale - Mar 31, 2010
- Madonna to launch lingerie range - Aug 14, 2010
- Mandira Bedi to endorse lingerie brand - Aug 11, 2010
- Now, 'Nearly Naked' lingerie that blends perfectly with your skin tone! - Feb 04, 2011
- Nanna knickers - the must have undies thanks to 'Mad Men' - Aug 28, 2010
- Elle Macpherson launches new collection of underwear 'Bare and Bold' - Dec 24, 2010
Tags: 1950s, 50s, bra sizes, combinations, company archives, derbyshire county, diamond jubilee, elizabeth ii, glamour, hosiery factory, knicker, lingerie line, present day, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, satin, shapes, silk and lace, spokeswoman, tights