Exhibition to promote women weavers, heritage textilesFebruary 11th, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 11 (IANS) In an effort to promote women weavers and entrepreneurs and revival of Indian heritage textiles and embroidery, a two-day exhibition will be held in the capital.
Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham), along with Indian Merchants Chamber (IMC), Thursday announced this initiative that will provide a platform for women who do not have an independent outlet to sell their products.
“Through this initiative we want to help those women who have tremendous potential and talent but don’t know how to sell their products in the market. We are planning to act as a bridge and connect them to the market,” Swati Piramal, president of Assocham and director of Piramal group, told IANS.
“We are promoting heritage textiles such as Patan, Paithani, Chanderi, among others. We hope this exhibition will provide a platform to Indian women entrepreneurs to make a mark in local and foreign markets with their creative talent,” she added.
The exhibition will be held Feb 23-24 at the Convention Hall in Ashoka Hotel and will showcase exquisite collections of the culturally rich states of the country.
- Paithani sarees get patent for protect against imitation - May 15, 2010
- Nagaland aiming to reach out to bigger markets through handloom sector - Dec 02, 2010
- Fashion Week starts in Chennai - Jul 08, 2010
- Corporates told to give handlooms, handicraft products as gift items - Aug 13, 2012
- Village handicrafts go on show at Dilli Haat - Dec 03, 2011
- Coimbatore hosts Global India Textile Show - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Designers compromise on quality to bring prices down' (With images) - Aug 08, 2012
- Can Vidya's kanjeevaram look revive hand-woven saris? - Feb 16, 2012
- India waking up to art as tourism driver - Mar 24, 2010
- Textile show planned at Games opening ceremony - Sep 28, 2010
- Textile sector remains core to the Indian economy: Minister - Aug 26, 2011
- Indian craft dying slowly, consumers wake up: Designer - Oct 13, 2011
- Event to promote handicraft, handloom sector - Aug 17, 2012
- CWG medal winners being gifted angavastrams instead of flowers - Oct 08, 2010
- Assocham seeks service tax exemption on rural sales - Apr 04, 2010
Tags: assocham, chamber of commerce, chamber of commerce and industry, creative talent, embroidery, exhibition, exquisite collections, foreign markets, imc, independent outlet, indian heritage, indian merchants, indian women entrepreneurs, industry of india, initiative, New Delhi, revival, showcase, textiles, those women