Esha Deol wants to be a ‘runaway bride’March 27th, 2010 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) Bollywood actress Esha Deol, looking beautiful in designer Rocky S’ bridal lehenga-choli, said walking down the aisle in any designer’s collection is a far fetched dream for her as of now.
Asked when she would be walking down the aisle, instead of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (WIFW) ramp in Rocky’s creation, Esha laughed, and told IANS: “Well! I would rather be a runaway bride”.
The young actress matched steps with her evergreen mother, veteran actress Hema Malini, who was the cynosure of all eyes at the closing show on the third day of WIFW.
While Esha sported a splendid maroon and green, heavily embroidered lehenga-choli, Hema stole the limelight with her grace in a similar coloured sari teamed with an embroidered burnt orange coloured blouse.
“It was wonderful walking the ramp. Rocky has given me a beautiful sari to wear. It has a wonderful combination and it was very nice walking with Esha,” Hema told reporters.
Esha, who did not look even a wee bit nervous while walking the ramp with Bollywood’s ‘dreamgirl’, told IANS: “This isn’t the first time that we are on the runway together. But I am thankful to Rocky for having given us such lovely outfits to wear.”
“I was a little nervous walking in this heavy ghagra, but thankfully I had my mother to hold onto,” she added.
Rocky, who is among Bollywood’s favourite designers, didn’t have to think twice before judging who among the mother-daughter duo looked best.
“Definitely Hema Ma’am!” he said, and added: “Esha is my friend but I’ll take Ma’am’s side.”
When Esha made a sad face to that, Rocky was quick to add: “Actually, both of them look gorgeous.”
Rocky’s collection was a sellout among the audience for his use of bright colours and eclectic combinations like blue, red, teal, pink, peach, burgundy, green with a heavy use of borders, motifs and tassles. The outfits were primarily suits, saris and lehengas in silk, georgette and brocade.
The range starts from Rs.10,000- 1,15,000.
- Hema Malini, daughter walk down Wills India Fashion Week ramp - Mar 27, 2010
- Sonakshi Sinha wants a simple, beach wedding - Sep 14, 2012
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
- Draping a sari tough for me: Bipasha - Feb 19, 2012
- Esha is my princess, says fiance Bharat Takhtani - Jun 26, 2012
- Hema Malini performs as Radha for Neeta Lulla at LFW - Aug 08, 2012
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Esha's sangeet a private affair: Hema Malini - Jun 25, 2012
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Sonam Kapoor dazzles at Manish Malhotra's show - Jul 25, 2011
- Itsy-bitsy cholis spice up Bollywood (Feature) - Dec 03, 2011
- Dia Mirza walks ramp at Mumbai's fashion show - Oct 30, 2010
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: actress hema malini, bridal lehenga, bright colours, brocade, cynosure, dreamgirl, ghagra, hema malini, india fashion week, lehengas, mother daughter, runaway bride, sad face, saris, sellout, silk georgette, veteran actress, walking down the aisle, wills lifestyle india fashion week, young actress