English education causing slave mentality: RSS chiefDecember 19th, 2008 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Dec 19 (IANS) Education in the English medium is causing a slave mentality among children in India, Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Chief K.C. Sudarshan has said.”We are not only exploiting our children by giving them English education but also causing the birth of slave mentality in them,” he said at a function here Friday.
India is still following the British pattern of education, he pointed out.
“It was unfortunate that even after 61 years of independence, the education system remained unchanged in the country,” he added.
Sudarshan said Hindi is superior to English in all respects.
“It was due to craze for western education and English language that children are being denied cultural education,” he said.
The chief said India should sever political relations with Pakistan if negotiations fail to yield results after the Mumbai terror attacks.
- Seven injured in clash of Congress, RSS workers in Ranchi - Nov 16, 2010
- K.S. Sudarshan traced near his residence (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Congress trying to deflect attention from corruption: BJP - Nov 14, 2010
- Seven hurt in Congress, RSS workers' clash in Ranchi (Lead) - Nov 16, 2010
- K.S. Sudarshan traced after missing for five hours - Aug 03, 2012
- Gadkari used Sudarshan as proxy to attack Sonia: Congress MP - Nov 12, 2010
- RSS expresses regret over Sudarshan's remarks; Congressmen hold protests (Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress workers in Orissa burn Sudarshan effigy - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress criticises former RSS chief over anti-Sonia remarks (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- Lalu Yadav condemns Sudarshan's anti-Sonia Gandhi remarks - Nov 13, 2010
- BJP attacks Rahul over SIMI, RSS comparison - Oct 06, 2010
- Congress in Jammu protests Sudarshan's remarks - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress leader arrested after party-RSS clash in Jharkhand - Nov 18, 2010
- Rahul, Rakhi, Sudarshan - all dragged to Madhya Pradesh courts - Nov 18, 2010
- Sudarshan's anti-Sonia remarks provoke youth Congress protest - Nov 12, 2010
Tags: cultural education, education system, english education, english medium, political relations with pakistan, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, slave mentality, sudarshan, terror attacks, western education