Engineering managers are the best paid Down UnderJune 5th, 2008 - 6:15 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 5 (ANI): According to a new study, engineering managers in their late 30s are the best-paid workers Down Under.
The survey revealed that the managers are earning average annual salaries of 136,700 Australian dollars, more than general managers and financial dealers.
Others earning big money include anaesthetists, surgeons, MPs and dentists, the survey shows.
The survey, What Jobs Pay, is based on ABS data collated by labour analyst Rodney Stinson.
The figures show average pre-tax earnings, including overtime and allowances.
Stinson said the top job of engineering manager was a new classification linked to construction and mining.
“This has come out of the blue. A decade ago, the only mining employees in the top 10 were young geologists and geophysicists, who were putting in very long hours in the field, News.com.au quoted him, as saying.
Stinson said the incomes of medical and legal professionals tended to be underestimated due to tax minimization options open to the self-employed.
The highest earners are:
Engineering manager, 2562 Australian dollars
General manager, 2276 Australian dollars
Research and development manager, 2172 Australian dollars
Financial dealer, 1976 Australian dollars
Anaesthetist, 1957 Australian dollars
Mining engineer, 1955 Australian dollars
Surgeons, 1953 Australian dollars
Legislator, 1950 Australian dollars
Psychiatrist, 1909 Australian dollars
Internal medicine specialist, 1897 Australian dollars. (ANI)
- Oz PM slaps levy on taxpayers to pay for 5.6 billion dollar flood bill - Jan 27, 2011
- Ford Q2 net income down - Jul 26, 2012
- Florists are the worst paid Down Under - Jun 05, 2008
- Ford Q1 profit down 45 percent year on year - Apr 28, 2012
- Software engineering ranked best tech job in US - Apr 20, 2011
- Bolmax Periera undergoes open-heart surgery 'wide awake' - Dec 14, 2010
- Australian mining firm picks Wipro for IT solution - Jun 15, 2012
- Laundry staff on offshore construction projects in Oz to earn $420K yearly - Mar 25, 2011
- Mexican oil firm ends 2011 with net loss of $6.5 bn - Mar 01, 2012
- Breast pumps, lactation supplies are now tax deductible in US - Feb 11, 2011
- New quake-proof Raj Bhavan for Tripura, old one to be Tagore museum (With Images) - May 08, 2012
- Quake fear grips Tripura Raj Bhavan - Apr 17, 2011
- Infants given anaesthesia face learning problems - Aug 29, 2012
- Australian manufacturing activity contracts - Apr 02, 2012
- Rod Marsh is manager of Australia's cricket coaches - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: australian dollars, earners, engineering manager, engineering managers, field news, general managers, geologists, geophysicists, incomes, internal medicine specialist, legal professionals, legislator, mining engineer, news com au, out of the blue, psychiatrist, stinson, study engineering, tax earnings, top job