eCreamery: Ice Cream Made To OrderMay 12th, 2009 - 5:22 pm ICT by GD
eCreamery is an Illinois based company that was was initially part of a Chicage store in 2000. It is now a large corporation with over 20 years of experience in the ice cream industry. It sells ice cream in flavors that are entirely custom designed by the customers.
The customers at eCreamery begin by choosing how creamy the ice cream base will be. They can choose from 8% milk fat, Italian-style gelato base, “gourmet” 12% milk fat, or “super creamy” 14% milk fat to decide on the creaminess of the ice cream base.
Then eCreamery provides a very extensive list of flavours and the customer can choose two of these to be blended into the base, and then one or more toppings to be folded in at the end. Besides the usual Almond Joy, Banana Foster, Green Tea and Doug’s Happy Hour, which has a mix of premium stout ice beer and pretzels, it offers ice cream in Anise, Cardamom, Cantaloupe, Chocolate Merlot, Clove, Cola, Cucumber, Durian, Hot Pepper, Maiz, Ube (purple yam), and Avocado flavors. Bacon, cheddar cheese pieces and wasabi peas are also popular ingredients. Other pre-fabricated flavors include Avocado Coconut, Cucumber Dill Weed, Queso (cheddar cheese and vanilla), and Hot ‘n’ Sour.
All the ice creams are available online. Each order is made in a batch of a gallon and a single flavor ice cream costs $80 plus shipping charges. A second flavor will burn another $10 hole in your pocket and each topping will add $5 or more. Express shipping charges may set you back by another $60, and the whole two-topping one gallon ice cream will cost you around $160.
The best part? You can name the ice cream anything you want.
- Today is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day - Jun 07, 2012
- Lupin seeds can be used to produce low-fat, exquisite sausage products - Jan 04, 2011
- Rush for your free Ice Cream at the Cold Stone Creamery stores - Sep 29, 2010
- Delhi samples exotic flavours of Ecuador (With Image) - Oct 17, 2010
- Veg portions could replace animal products - Jan 04, 2011
- Now relish camel milk ice cream in Britain - Sep 19, 2011
- Dieters Beware: Eggnog has a lot of calories - Dec 08, 2010
- Cheese, milk diet vital for smarter brain - Mar 06, 2012
- Potatoes back on menus as healthy meal - Apr 26, 2011
- Karnataka eyes Indian diaspora to promote dairy exports - Jan 17, 2011
- UAE to make camel milk ice-cream - Mar 19, 2012
- Gordon Ramsay's cookbook named worst of 2010 for unhealthy recipes - Dec 21, 2010
- Now, a perfect sandwich for every mood - Jul 15, 2010
- Chew on this, Jimmy Cheese - Apr 13, 2011
- Vanessa Hudgens hated her 'tree-trunk legs' - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: almond joy, anise, avocado, cantaloupe, cardamom, cheddar cheese, clove, cucumber, dill weed, ecreamery, flavor ice cream, flavors, flavours, green tea, happy hour, hot pepper, italian style, shipping charges, wasabi peas, yam