Earthquake rocks Southeast of Loyalty IslandsOctober 3rd, 2008 - 10:44 am ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
A moderate earthquake with an intensity of 5.2 richter scale in Loyalty Islands.
The moderate quake 5.2 magnitude on richter scale occured on Friday, October 03, 2008 at 00:25:27 UTC ( Coordinated Universal Time ) and Friday, October 03, 2008 at 11:25:27 AM at epicenter local time as reported by the U.S. Geological Survey.
The epicenter is 250 km (155 miles) SE of Tadine, Loyalty Islands, New Caledonia,250 km (155 miles) WSW of Ile Hunter, Loyalty Islands, New Caledonia, 345 km (215 miles) ESE of NOUMEA, New Caledonia, 1755 km (1090 miles) ENE of BRISBANE, Queensland, Australia.
The Loyalty Islands are an archipelago in the Pacific and are part of the French territory of New Caledonia, whose mainland is 100 km (60 miles) distant.
The Loyalty Islands Province is divided into three municipalities:
- Massive Earthquake measuring 6.9 Richter scale Southeast of the Loyalty Islands - Jan 19, 2009
- An Earthquake at Southeast of Loyalty Islands - Oct 03, 2008
- Powerful quake strikes off the Loyalty Islands; no tsunami threat - Jan 13, 2011
- An earthquake in Vanuatu - Oct 02, 2008
- 7.2-magnitude quake jolts Pacific islands - Jan 14, 2011
- 5.0 magnitude earthquake hits Bougainville, Papua New Guinea - Oct 22, 2008
- An earthquake measuring 5.0 Richter scale shakes Kermadec Islands - Oct 22, 2008
- Earthquake rocks Northeast of Taiwan - Oct 01, 2008
- Earthquake at Andaman Islands, India Region - Oct 04, 2008
- An earthquake of magnitude 5.3 hits Guam - Mar 03, 2009
- An Earthquake rocks the Andaman Islands, India Region - Oct 04, 2008
- An earthquake in Southern Xinjiang - Oct 09, 2008
- Tsunami waves observed after powerful Vanuatu quake, warnings canceled - Dec 25, 2010
- Magnitude 5.2 shakes The Philippines - Oct 09, 2008
- Strong earthquake strikes western Indonesia, no word on casualties - Sep 06, 2011