Drunk held for gas blast threatMarch 24th, 2012 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 24 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A heavily drunk man in Moscow was detained for threatening to blow up his block of flats by igniting domestic gas. He was arrested after he jumped off the balcony, police said Saturday.
The unidentified man called the police earlier Saturday, threatening to turn on the gas in his flat and ignite it.
Residents of the apartment block in Yeniseiksaya Street were evacuated following the threat.
“The man, 23, suddenly jumped off a forth floor balcony during negotiations,” a police spokesman said. “He was not hurt.”
- Elephant stomps Thai man to death - Jul 30, 2012
- Moscow urges Iran to respond to IAEA concerns - Feb 27, 2012
- Russian army helicopter crashes - Aug 16, 2012
- Naked driver hits 17 cars in Moscow - Oct 31, 2011
- Russian steals gunpowder to fuel stove - Aug 14, 2012
- Seven die in central Moscow apartment fire - May 17, 2011
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Russia - Aug 17, 2012
- Russia printing Syrian currency - Jun 14, 2012
- Egyptian camel handlers threaten 'siege' - Mar 28, 2012
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- 17 Tajik security officers killed - Jul 28, 2012
- 19 injured in Afghan mosque blast - Aug 03, 2012
- Japanese diplomat robbed in Moscow - Oct 23, 2010
- Three bombs defused in Russia's North Caucasus - May 23, 2011
- US keeps Russia on 'national threat' list - Aug 17, 2012