Division of chores biggest deal breaker in share houses: StudySeptember 17th, 2010 - 6:04 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sep 17 (ANI): You may be considered boring for being tidy, conscientious and quiet but with these qualities you would make a very good housemate, a survey has revealed.
According to mX, a survey of house-sharers has found that an unequal division of cleaning responsibilities makes people filthy, with 76 per cent making it the top issue, reports News.com.au.
The cost of household bills was the second-biggest concern (66 per cent), with rules about house parties (58 per cent), houseguests (57 per cent) and sleepover arrangements for partners (49 per cent) rounding out the top five.
A website EasyRoommate surveyed as many as 700 people in shared homes.
They found more than half distribute the cleaning tasks on an ad hoc basis, with 18 per cent preferring a roster system and just under a quarter admitting that one person tends to bear the brunt.
A whopping 79 per cent said they were happy with the division of cleaning duties in their shared home.
When it came to overnight guests, most felt it was fine for a flatmate’s partner to stay the night once or twice a week, while 81 per cent felt flatmates who have regular overnight guests should chip in more for bills.
Radek Dobrolecki of EasyRoommate Australia said people interviewing for a housemate should not be afraid to ask a lot of questions about key household issues and concerns.
“Making sure your opinions match could save a lot of tension down the track,” he said. (ANI)
- Come spring, it's time to take up the mop and duster! - Mar 10, 2011
- 8 in 10 Brits fail to clean their loos every day! - Nov 19, 2010
- Half of Aussies would trade in their girlfriends for someone new - Sep 21, 2010
- 80pc Brits won't date someone who doesn't like their pooch! - Feb 12, 2011
- Men still like to pay for first dates - Mar 29, 2011
- Chinese urban women contribute one-third to family income - Feb 29, 2012
- Three in ten New Zealanders think Asian newcomers are taking away Kiwi jobs - Apr 13, 2011
- Women ignore men's household work - Mar 12, 2010
- A good night's sleep much better than great sex: Study - Aug 23, 2009
- Bigg Boss 3, Ep 44 - Vindu, Raju & Rohit get solitary confinement - Nov 18, 2009
- 70 pc of Brit women like doing housework - Nov 13, 2010
- Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton 'most admired' in US - Dec 28, 2010
- More than half of Brits scared of DIY - Mar 27, 2011
- 1 in 5 Brit pilots admits to falling asleep while on duty - Apr 09, 2011
- Rows over money are the most likely cause of break-ups in UK - Jan 05, 2011