Dimple Kapadia is our silent muse: Sandeep KhoslaAugust 18th, 2012 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 18 (IANS) Designer duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla, who have completed 25 years in the fashion industry, have had their longest association with actress Dimple Kapadia and fondly consider her their silent muse.
“Dimple can pull off any outfit stylishly. She is our silent muse. She wears all our creations with confidence and grace. Dimple is like a goddess, who walks on earth. We have worked with her for the longest time,” Khosla told IANS.
The duo are masters of revival and reinvention and took ancient techniques and craftsmanship to a new level through their innovative collections.
They rediscovered ancient Indian arts such as chikan and zardosi for designer wear and have successfully introduced the style to international audience too.
Khosla and Jani met by chance in 1986. Abu was born in Mumbai and started out as a costume designer in the film industry and Sandeep was born in Kapurthala (Punjab) and started out in the family leather business.
Recalling their first collection “Mata Hari”, Khosla said: “I still remember our first creation. We played well with the jackets, puffs, draped dhotis, structured sleeves and many more. We added fantasy element to it. Abu still does all the embroidery himself.”
Khosla calls their 25-year-old fashion career a magical journey.
“It feels like we started off our journey yesterday. It has been magical. When we began our career in the fashion industry Indian fashion was on its peak. It was not easy. But we didn’t use any shortcuts so it’s been a really long and hard journ”y,” said Khosla.
- Sotheby's to celebrate 25 years of designers Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla (With Image) - Jul 17, 2012
- Big B enjoyed Indian theme at book launch - Aug 19, 2012
- Abu-Sandeep celebrate silver jubilee in fashion industry (With image) - Aug 04, 2011
- Big B, Judi Dench to launch Abu-Sandeep's book in London (With Images) - Aug 11, 2012
- Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla Prepares To Celebrate 25 Years Of Partnership - Jul 31, 2010
- Abu-Sandeep ready to work on Bollywood project (With Images) - Jul 22, 2010
- Brett Lee walks the ramp at Delhi Couture Week - Jul 26, 2010
- Shweta Nanda steals show from Brett Lee at couture week - Jul 26, 2010
- Big B meets 'complete sport' Judi Dench - Sep 07, 2012
- When stars overtake models on ramp - Apr 09, 2011
- Pearl Delhi Couture Week To Start Today - Jul 20, 2010
- Bollywood ladies bless Ash at grand baby shower - Oct 19, 2011
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
- Clothes were the real stars of Delhi Couture Week (Review) (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jul 26, 2010
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: abu jani and sandeep khosla, chikan, costume designer, craftsmanship, dimple kapadia, embroidery, family leather business, fantasy element, fashion career, fashion industry, film industry, indian fashion, international audience, longest time, magical journey, muse, old fashion, punjab, reinvention, zardosi