Dhoti-clad Prateik walks the ramp for MasabaMarch 2nd, 2012 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 2 (IANS) Young designer Masaba Gupta gave the traditional Indian dhoti a modern twist by moulding them into pants and showcased it at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week Summer/Resort 2012, while actor Prateik walked the ramp as a showstopper for her.
“Basically the collection is called Sorbet. I do very warm colours generally, but this time I shifted into pastels. So there was a lot of pink, pista green and lighter colours. We wanted to keep it very classy and sophisticated,” Masaba said after the show, adding it was an attempt to reinvent dhotis.
Her collections included a range of funky printed dhoti pants, maxis and other summer wear outfits.
Prateik looked classy as he walked the ramp in white dhoti with black prints and open black coat to take a final bow.
“I have always believed that if I ever had a showstopper it would be someone who I relate to or fits into my idea of showstopper. Anyone walking for you doesn’t work. But Prateik is young and edgy and he has lot of fun with his dressing,” Masaba added.
The designer, who specialises in pret collection, rues that men’s wear market in India is limited.
“This time I did patialas, which was something very different for me. Men’s wear in India is so difficult to find. This is not really something, which is commercially out there but men who like to dress up, it’s (collection) for them.”
- Go for cotton this wedding season, says Anita Dongre - May 09, 2012
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Yuvika Chaudhury to be showstopper for Sabah Khan at LFW - Mar 10, 2011
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- When showstopper Zoa Morani slipped on the ramp - Mar 04, 2012
- Kirron walks the ramp, adds film flavour (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Manish Arora, Narendra Kumar tie up with Debenhams - May 18, 2011
- Designers, not celebrities in focus at LFW (Rerview) - Mar 07, 2012
- Shabana Azmi cheers for Anita Dongre at WIFW - Oct 12, 2011
- Bollywood, cricket come together for Manoviraj Khosla - Aug 28, 2010
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- LFW: Siddharth Mallya in tuxedo, Amy Jackson in sari - Aug 04, 2012
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
- Indian designs, Bollywood dominate RFW opening day - May 25, 2012