Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian eraMarch 8th, 2012 - 1:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) Mother-son designer duo Riimple and Mayyur Girotra have taken inspiration from the Mughal and Victorian eras to create their latest couture collection, which is a perfect mix of traditional craftsmanship and modern silhouettes.
“Our forte lies in ethnic wear as well as trousseaus and occasion wear that includes, saris, suits, jackets and wedding gowns,” Riimple told IANS.
“We usually take inspiration from the bygone and opulent Mughal and Victorian eras and have infused many elements of that period into the garments,” she added.
The collection is a mix of high collared asymmetrical coats with embroidered printed pencil trousers, gowns, anarkalis, jackets and fishnet skirts with corset blouses made with cotton, satin, chiffon in the bright shades like purple, orange, pink and red.
The mother-son team feels that the combination of applique work and velvet patch work adds elegance to the line.
“We have used variety of thread embroideries as practiced in Royal Ateliers of the past. Also jackets are heavily embellished with resham and zari embroidery inspired by the bygone and opulent Mughal period. The dress and gowns are made of net and cotton satin lining with a combination of applique work and velvet patch work which is inspired by nature, flowers and colours,” said Mayyur.
When asked about the USP of the collection, he said that they are constantly innovating.
“We are continuously evolving and this is the reason we keep on discovering new things in our range. In this way, we are trying to meet the growing demand of the discerning Indian buyer, not only within the country but also outside it,” Mayyur added.
The collection is available at thier store and prices start at Rs.70,000.
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Kolkatta, Paris, Jaipur inspire Preeti Kapoor's designs (With images) - Aug 19, 2011
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
- Lady Gaga inspires Raakesh Agarvwal's collection - Feb 17, 2012
- Preeti Ghai's new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images) - May 15, 2011
- Young designers shine at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 30, 2011
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
- 'Paparazzi' with Umrao Jaan, Lady Gaga at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 17, 2011
- Fahad Hussayn steals show at Pakistan Bridal Week (With Images) - Dec 20, 2011
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- 'Fly me to the moon', says Narendra Kumar through LFW show - Aug 19, 2011
- Walking on ramp has become a cliche: Mugdha Godse - Aug 08, 2011
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- Dia, Sameera cheer for Shantanu-Nikhil - Feb 15, 2012
Tags: ateliers, blouses, bright shades, chiffon, couture collection, embroideries, embroidery, eras, ethnic wear, flowers and colours, garments, mother son, mughal period, occasion wear, perfect mix, resham, silhouettes, traditional craftsmanship, trousseaus, wedding gowns