Designers recreate yesteryear, spiritual charm on rampAugust 4th, 2012 - 7:55 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 4 (IANS) The fashion of the retro era; a collection inspired by virtues of spirituality; and an ode to modern women - the second day of Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2012 saw three designers Nimish Shah, Payal Khandwala and Roma Narsinghani presenting contrasting clothing lines on the runway together Saturday.
The show began with Shah’s collection, which was inspired by the retro era of the 1970s, but with a contemporary twist.
“My collection was basically inspired by the retro fashion of the 1970s. We used more of silk material and shawls. We took the old vintage reference and gave a contemporary twist to it with lot of detailing,” said Shah.
It was followed by a line by Khandwala, who incorporated the virtues of loyalty, self awareness and spirituality in her collection.
“My collections was inspired by the monks and the warriors. It’s very easy and comfortable wear with some draping and more constructive work,” Khandwala added.
The show came to an end with Narsinghani’s collection called “DreamCatcher”, which was an ode to the modern women. She extensively used shell buttons as surface embellishments on her creations.
“I have played a lot with buttons, and my collection is a mix of structure and drape together. The USP of my collections are its loose and comfortable collars,” said Narsinghani.
The LFW Winter/Festive 2012 kickstarted Friday, and will end Aug 7.
- Archana Kochhar gives retro twist to digital prints - Aug 07, 2012
- Item songs inspired Rohan Arora's footwear line (With Images) - Aug 06, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Designer brings spirit of Mexico alive at LFW - Aug 03, 2012
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- Kavita Bhartia presents a curry of crossing borders - Oct 24, 2010
- Organic collection in LFW brings alive eco-theme - Aug 22, 2011
- Manish Malhotra to be LFW grand finale designer - Jul 05, 2011
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Neeta Lulla to present 'Radha' at LFW - Jul 17, 2012
- Sanchita gets inspired by wild west at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' inspires designer's gangster-based line - Aug 07, 2012
- A bit of Kanjivaram, dollops of vintage clothes at WIFW (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: clothing lines, constructive work, dreamcatcher, embellishments, fashion of the 1970s, fashion week, loyalty, modern women, monks, ramp, retro fashion, self awareness, shawls, shell buttons, silk material, spirituality, usp, virtues, warriors, yesteryear