Designer Soni showcases ‘cocktail’ collection at Delhi’s Wills Fashion WeekOctober 26th, 2010 - 6:10 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct.26 (ANI): Fashion designer Ashish N. Soni showcased his latest collection of cocktail dresses and oversized poplin cotton shirts for women at the Wills Fashion Week in New Delhi on Monday.
The theme of the show was Lo Fi, which comes from a thought of avoiding extravagance and overkill.
Male models also walked the ramp showcasing tailored suits for formal evenings.
Some garments used 3D (3-Dimensional) panels on yoke dresses and also the maple leaf motifs on clothes and the colour palette for the collection were black and white.
“The idea was to do what I do perhaps best, which is to keep things simple and going further from there concept, was of course the lack of colour rather than colour itself. Again black and white being my signature, its slightly easier for me to handle,” said Soni.
“So, once we figured that out after that it was just about implementing the sensibility, which is where the textures and so that is why to answer this precisely it wasn’t things that tied in like that. Its things that I liked and I knew would work together. They didn’t have to emerge out of one big inspiration,” he added.
Even though, the colours opposed the expected shades of spring/summer in fashion week, the bright hues came through in the accessories.
Wills Lifestyle Fashion Week, one of the largest fashion trade events in Asia, will showcase its Spring/Summer collection of 2011 edition till October 27 in the ongoing extravaganza.
With an exciting collection of impeccable lounges, salons, exotic onsite restaurants and novel exhibitions the Fashion Week is held at the Pragati Maidan, the international trade fair complex in New Delhi.
Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) claims this event to be the biggest ever fashion bash with 115 designers taking part this year. (ANI)
- Image, moods of India dominates Day Two designer collections at Wills Fashion Week - Oct 27, 2010
- Designer Pillai Mohan showcases kid wear at Wills India Fashion Week - Oct 24, 2010
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week begins Oct 23 - Sep 20, 2010
- Wills Fashion Week features designers Nidhi, Divya Gambhir - Oct 26, 2010
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- 'I AM' team present at Anita Dongre's LFW show - Mar 14, 2011
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- 'The Theatre of Illusions' by Rohit-Rahul at WIFW finale - Oct 02, 2011
- Gaurav Gupta wins international designer award - Oct 25, 2011
- Top Designers To Showcase Their Creations At WIFW This Weekend In New Delhi - Oct 20, 2010
- Designer gives sari the Dutch touch (With Image) - Aug 16, 2012
- Bikini models scorch the ramp at WIFW - Oct 26, 2010
- Mixing styles: Ravi Bajaj set for Dubai Fashion Week - Oct 17, 2011
- WIFW: Celebrating 60 years of Indo-Japan ties through fashion - Feb 18, 2012
- Indian designer Ritesh Kumar at Milan Fashion Week - Sep 25, 2011
Tags: bright hues, cocktail collection, cocktail dresses, colour palette, cotton shirts, dimensional panels, extravagance, fashion design council of india, fashion designer, fashion trade, fashion week, fdci, lifestyle fashion, male models, maple leaf, poplin, pragati maidan, spring summer, tailored suits, yoke dresses