Designer offers to make Middleton’s bridal lingerieNovember 27th, 2010 - 12:12 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 26 (IANS) While many British designers are hoping to make Kate Middleton’s wedding gown, Michelle Mone, who owns the underwear firm Ultimo, has offered to make her bridal lingerie when she marries Prince William next year.
Mone, who received an Order of the British Empire from Princess Anne at Buckingham Palace Thursday, has created undergarments for Middleton, and hopes that she takes the offer, reports contactmusic.com.
“I have designed Kate’s bridal lingerie for her, and I’m going to send the designs to her. I think Ultimo fits with her image,” said Mone.
As for her wedding gown, Harold Tillman, chairman of the British Fashion Council (BFC), has his fingers crossed that she picks a British designer only.
“She’s so beautiful, anything she wears will look stunning. We would like it to be a British designer. I understand there’s a shortlist. We have several really excellent designers. I think she will go simple and elegant,” said Tillman.
As of now, Phillipa Lepley is the frontrunner to create the gown.
- Ultimo boss Michelle Mone 'designs Kate Middleton's bridal lingerie' - Nov 26, 2010
- Phillipa Lepley To Design Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding Gown? - Nov 20, 2010
- Phillipa Lepley is tipped to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress - Nov 20, 2010
- Victoria Beckham nominated for fashion award - Sep 03, 2010
- Kate Middleton's dress rakes in 10 million in ticket sales - Jul 19, 2012
- Designing Kate's wedding dress was an honour: Sarah Burton - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate picks Oldfield for wedding dress - Dec 13, 2010
- Charlotte Church turns down chance to be the new face of Ultimo - Nov 05, 2010
- Kate Middleton's wedding dress 'will be modest' - Feb 08, 2011
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- Designer Bruce Oldfield 'will design Kate's wedding dress' - Dec 10, 2010
- Replica of Kate's wedding dress to hit stores - May 04, 2011
- How Kate Middleton might look like on her wedding night - Mar 10, 2011
- Fashion designers praise Kate Middleton's 'classic' wedding gown - Apr 30, 2011
- Kate's parents to spend 100,000 pounds on royal wedding - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: bridal lingerie, british designers, british fashion council bfc, buckingham palace, fingers, frontrunner, harold tillman, kate middleton, london, michelle mone, order of the british empire, prince william, princess anne, shortlist, underwear, wedding gown