Designer mixes Persian prints with punk lookAugust 20th, 2011 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 20 (IANS) Persian prints in striking hues fused with the 1970s’ punk look - that was designer Pria Kataaria Puri’s offering “Queen of Prints” at the Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2011.
Since prints were the USP of the collection, Puri used Persian embroidery with nomadic patch-work, button work, gold gilded ribbons and cord work, and turned it into four key prints, making the collection look eye-catching and feminine.
Some of the highlights of the collection included a drop crotch jumpsuit in soft fluid fabric, hot pants, mini kaftans, asymmetric tunics, gowns, kurtas, backless tops, itsy-bitsy silver bikinis and a black beaded kimono sleeve cover.
The clothes were made in flowing fabrics like soft silks, chiffon and crepe with prints, while the colour palette was dominated by brown, beige, lemon, black, white and hot orange. Aimed at the globe-trotting modern woman, the designer wanted to cater to those who wish for glamorous options in resort and holiday wear.
Puri roped in actors Arjan Bajwa and Neha Sharma as star showstoppers for her show Friday night, but the colourful ambience, complete with strobe lights and a multi-print ramp, itself added gloss to her show.
- Accessorise or try a bikini sari when on holiday (With Images) - Apr 11, 2012
- From no show to showstopper: Perizaad Zorabian at LFW - Mar 15, 2011
- From Hollywood to Bollywood, tribal fashion gets modern makeover - Aug 19, 2012
- 'Time fashion industry is viewed as serious business' - Aug 04, 2011
- Anushka Khanna to debut at LFW with 'Floral Fragments' (With Image) - Jul 26, 2012
- Colours, bling and cuts on WIFW runway - Apr 08, 2011
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- Kristen Stewart slips into bikini for love scene - Apr 28, 2011
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Indian designer bags Asian Achievers Award (With Image) - Jul 15, 2011
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Bollywood posters go dare bare with women - Feb 23, 2012
- Sharon Stone To Sport A Bikini In Next Film - Oct 20, 2010
- Are Indian women ready for beachwear? - Nov 06, 2009
Tags: backless tops, bajwa, bikinis, button work, chiffon, colour palette, colourful, embroidery, hot pants, hues, lakme fashion week, modern woman, neha sharma, punk look, puri, ribbons, showstoppers, strobe lights, usp, work button