Designer Gaurav Gupta to showcase at AlchemyMarch 18th, 2012 - 7:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 18 (IANS) Designer Gaurav Gupta, who has completed six years in the fashion industry, is excited about showing his collection at the Alchemy in London.
Alchemy, a five-day event to be hosted by the British Council, starts April 19. The event will explore every aspect of Indian culture through a range of events encompassing dance, art, film and fashion show.
“We are showing at Alchemy this April. The show celebrates the relationship between India and Britain and I am fortunate to showcase my collection there,” the designer told IANS.
He has prepared a collection, which is a mix of his autumn winter line including drape saris, maxi dresses and high-waisted trousers.
“The collection is going to be very beautiful with lots of experimental dresses,” he said.
The 33-year-old, who designed for actresses like Neha Dhupia, Lara Dutta, Priyanka Chopra, Bipasha Basu and Chitrangadha Singh, recently presented a retrospective of his designs titled A Paradigm Shift. This is his first exhibition in five years and it will end March 22 at DLF Emporio.
- Bollywood marks its presence on fourth day at WIFW - Apr 10, 2011
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Traditional fabrics turn sensual in Tahiliani's show - Sep 03, 2011
- Handwoven Swarovski work dominates Akaaro's show - Feb 16, 2012
- Nikasha's 'romantic' collection for WIFW - Oct 05, 2011
- Armani to design outfits for Ricky Martin - Mar 19, 2011
- Malaika and Amrita walk the ramp for Vikram Phadnis - Mar 03, 2012
- High on creativity, Gen Next designers open LFW (With Images) - Aug 17, 2011
- Sanjay Dutt sings for wife, walks the ramp - Aug 06, 2011
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Props, stilt dancers, fairytale ambiance...LFW finale spelt grandeur - Mar 16, 2011
- Japanese designs create a stir on Indian runway - Mar 12, 2011
- Sari gets makeover, new look lures Hollywood - Sep 28, 2011
- When India blended with medieval Turkey at WIFW - Feb 17, 2012
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
Tags: alchemy, art film, autumn winter, bipasha basu, british council, dance art, drape, emporio, fashion industry, gaurav gupta, high waisted trousers, indian culture, lara dutta, maxi dresses, neha dhupia, paradigm shift, priyanka chopra, relationship between india, retrospective, winter line