Designer duo showcase colourful resort wearMay 16th, 2009 - 4:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Designer duo Parvesh-Jai showcased their colourful and vibrant resort wear collection here Saturday on the theme of Princess Diana getting fascinated by the Gandhian way of living.
The collection comprised bikinis, kaftans, long gowns and shirt dresses.
The theme of the show was based on Princess Diana getting fascinated by the Gandhian way of non-violence, simple living and high thinking. In her journey she transforms her dressing from free flowing chiffons and georgettes to organic cotton.
“The show narrates a tale of the princess fascinated by the Gandhian way of living. She has always been a fashion icon and was seen in dresses designed by international couture artists. This show is an ode to her dressing style,” designer Parvesh told IANS after the show.
“The collection also represents those women who believe in enjoying life at the fullest,” he added.
The line has free flowing chiffons, georgettes and cotton in the hues of yellow, lime green, rust, white, blue with floral motifs on the kaftans and bead and sequin work on the bikinis.
The same collection will be showcased in the upcoming Ethical fashion show in Paris, Milan and Rio.
- Taufiq Qureshi steals WIFW show with vocal percussions - Feb 19, 2012
- Nachiket Barve brings the 'Golden Hour' to LFW ramp - Aug 19, 2011
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Couture week: Manav Gangwani to showcase A Timeless Affaire (With Image) - Jul 18, 2011
- All about metal: Siddartha Tytler makes rocking LFW debut - Mar 14, 2011
- Cocktail sari for Gaga - if only! - Oct 28, 2011
- Kaftans, dresses: Designers Isha-Kartikeya's summer offering (With Images) - May 29, 2011
- 'Fashion N Fire' Fashion Show By Dreamshotz Rocked - Aug 14, 2010
- Umbrellas and bit of Sherlock Holmes at Pakistan Fashion Week - Apr 01, 2011
- Shivan & Naresh, Swapnil Shinde use lasers in LFW show - Aug 07, 2012
- Are Indian women ready for beachwear? - Nov 06, 2009
- Rahul Mishra named best womenswear designer - May 08, 2012
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- Nomadic look in vogue at WIFW - Oct 27, 2010
- Govinda, Narmmadaa shine at Reynu Tandon's show - Feb 19, 2012
Tags: bikinis, chiffons, dresses, enjoying life, ethical fashion show, fashion icon, floral motifs, georgettes, gowns, hues, jai, kaftans, lime green, milan, New Delhi, organic cotton, princess diana, rust, those women, vibrant resort