Designer Anita Dongre launches menswear lineMarch 26th, 2012 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 26 (IANS) Designer Anita Dongre, known for her ethnic womenswear line, has now forayed into menswear collection. She is excited about her initiative.
“Excited about my foray into menswear,” Dongre tweeted.
Dongre, who has been at the forefront of the Indian fashion scene for over 20 years, hinted towards her inclination to menswear line at Lakme Fashion Week summer/resort 2012. At the event held earlier this month, she gave fashionistas a glimpse into her men’s collection with a few trousers, shirts and formal suits.
Her foray into the menswear line will add to her successful brand existence that includes prêt, couture, bridal to contemporary line.
Filmmaker Onir wished her for the new venture.
“Congratulations Anita, finally after years of begging you did it. Wishing you good luck as you launch menswear collection. Class and comfort will be the definition,” Onir tweeted.
- Indian designer menswear market has come of age: Anita Dongre (With Images) - Apr 01, 2012
- 'I AM' team present at Anita Dongre's LFW show - Mar 14, 2011
- Manish Malhotra to open Delhi Couture week - Jul 12, 2012
- Standing ovation for Kallol, Pankaj and Nidhi at LFW finale - Aug 08, 2012
- Wanted, more designers for menswear - Sep 02, 2011
- Tailormade for profits - designers snip pret prices (With Images) - Mar 16, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week boasts of Japanese designers, digital outreach (Preview) - Mar 10, 2011
- Pallavi Jaikishan goes traditional at LFW - Aug 04, 2012
- Mouret to close menswear label - Nov 05, 2011
- Preeti Desai dazzles in white lehenga choli for Anita Dongre - Aug 06, 2012
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- UV-resistant swim suits from Shivan-Narresh at LFW - Mar 02, 2012
- Japanese designs create a stir on Indian runway - Mar 12, 2011
- Anita Dongre goes crowdsourcing way to find designer - May 02, 2012
- Now, Archana Kochhar designs for metrosexual men (With Image) - Apr 05, 2012