Dental facelift can make you look 10 years youngerDecember 13th, 2010 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
London, Dec 13 (IANS) Dubbed the ‘Dental Facelift’, a pioneering non-surgical technique not only gives you a perfect set of teeth, but also restructures the face to make you look 10 years younger. This four-step procedure involves the artful manipulation of veneers, which are widely used by cosmetic dentists to fix wonky, chipped or discoloured smiles. The thin layers of porcelain are placed over the upper and lower teeth to subtly reshape the face.
“Our teeth play a major role in the framework of the face,” said Mervyn Druian from the London Centre for Cosmetic Dentistry, the first to offer what he calls the ‘Non-Surgical Smile Lift’ in Britain, reports the Daily Mail.
“However, as we age the teeth wear down and the jaw recedes, leading to the facial height (the area between the nose and chin) decreasing and the lower part of the face dropping. All this causes the facial proportions to change and you get a slackened appearance,” Durian explained.
Those who offer dental facelifts say they are breaking new ground in cosmetic dentistry and anti-ageing.
Dental facelifts involving extensive veneers, however, have potentially detrimental consequences such as tooth sensitivity, swollen gums, death of the nerves, abscesses or even tooth loss.
Senior dentist Irfan Ahmad has warned that the procedure would have no effect on many people and could do permanent damage to the teeth.
- 'Dental Facelift' promises to make you look up to 10 years younger! - Dec 13, 2010
- Cosmetic dentistry assures you that perfect smile, confidence - Mar 08, 2009
- Permanent dental implants for edentulism patients - Jul 23, 2012
- Permanent dental implants for toothless available (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Anxious people more likely to have dental problems - Nov 11, 2009
- 'Twilight' fans getting $200 vampire fangs from dentists - Jul 14, 2010
- First day, first show: Freshers spruce up with cosmetic treatments - Jul 21, 2012
- Get a facelift without surgery - Jan 05, 2010
- 'Ignorance takes toll on oral health' (September 12 is World Oral Health Day) - Sep 12, 2012
- Nano-sized advance to bring diseased teeth back to life - Jul 01, 2010
- Want a dazzling smile? Go for dental jewellery! - Sep 07, 2010
- Best Teeth Whitening Products: What One Should Know - Jan 06, 2011
- Forever young - more men opting for Botox - Oct 25, 2010
- Pessimists more likely to have poor oral health - Nov 12, 2009
- 80 percent of Delhi residents have dental ailments - Dec 07, 2010
Tags: abscesses, ahmad, breaking new ground, cosmetic dentistry, cosmetic dentists, daily mail, dentist, detrimental consequences, facelift, facelifts, facial proportions, london centre, manipulation, nerves, permanent damage, swollen gums, thin layers, tooth loss, tooth sensitivity, veneers