Demi Lovato appeals against drugs, alcoholAugust 6th, 2011 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 6 (IANS) Actress-singer Demi Lovato has urged young fans to say no to drugs and alcohol.
“‘Sober Is Sexy’ is my new motto, and it couldn’t be more true! All you need to have fun in life is a great attitude and good friends,” Lovato said.
“I’ve made a commitment to myself to live a happy, healthy life the best way I know how and I want to spread the message that you don’t need to do drink or do drugs to have fun,” dailystar.co.uk quoted her as saying.
Lovato thinks a lot of people “start off experimenting with drugs and alcohol”, just for fun.
“Often times this ‘innocent fun’ can lead to very serious issues like drunk driving, bad choices and in some cases - addiction. Addiction is a very serious disease, and it doesn’t just go away,” she said.
The 18-year-old was recently treated for emotional and physical issues in a rehabilitation centre.
“I’ve suffered from an eating disorder which is an addiction, and I will have to work on my recovery every day for the rest of my life. It’s an ongoing battle but one that is well worth it, and I’ve never felt happier. Remember: ‘Sober is Sexy! Trust me, you look a lot cuter sober than sloppy! Stay strong,” she added.
- Demi Lovato loves being sober - Jan 05, 2012
- I've gained weight, get over it: Lovato - Aug 31, 2011
- Demi Lovato feels being sober is sexy - Jan 06, 2012
- Never thought of myself as sex symbol: Fonda - Dec 10, 2011
- Denzel Washington to play drug addict pilot - Feb 01, 2012
- Drugs made George Michael lose 15 pounds - Mar 11, 2011
- Lovato unhappy with tattoos - Sep 07, 2012
- Lovato - a role model! - Aug 17, 2011
- Lovato not dating One Direction singer - Jul 01, 2012
- Lovato happy about mistakes - Jun 20, 2012
- Post rehab, Lovato still self-harms - Mar 08, 2012
- Demi Lovato is 'not in treatment' for drug or booze addiction - Nov 11, 2010
- Demi Lovato gives up cell phone - Jul 18, 2012
- Demi Lovato has bipolar disorder - Apr 21, 2011
- Lovato thanks fans for supporting her in darkest time - Mar 08, 2011