Delhi Couture Week grand finale to feature SabyasachiJuly 29th, 2012 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 29 (IANS) Sabyasachi Mukherjee, known for blending the ethnic and the modern, will bring the curtains down on the third edition of Delhi Couture Week next month. The ace designer says he will not go “overboard” and keep his show “restrained and structured”.
“I am privileged to be closing the Delhi Couture Week. Customarily, there is enormous pressure on most designers to go over the top during such occasions but I am going to keep my show very restrained and structured,” Mukherjee said in a statement.
For the five-day fashion extravaganza, starting Aug 8, the designer will showcase a collection titled “New Moon”.
“The collection will be a blend of austere and architectural designs. It will be a very modern outlook on how India perceives Couture, with a strong emphasis on simplicity,” the designer added.
Sunil Sethi, president of Fashion Design Council of India, describes Sabyasachi as “one of the best couture designers” in the country.
He added that “his exquisite designs, grand presentation and the collection at large, tend to create a magic that spellbinds the audience and thus he was an apt choice for the closing show.”
Known for his love for Indian fabrics and ethnic designs, he styled some of the known faces in Bollywood including Vidya Balan and Rani Mukerji.
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- For creativity, say no to commerce: Sabyasachi Mukherjee (Interview) - Apr 09, 2011
- Pearl Delhi Couture Week To Start Today - Jul 20, 2010
- Clothes real stars at Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2010
- Clothes were the real stars of Delhi Couture Week (Review) (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Jul 26, 2010
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- Saris with a twist by Kiran Uttam Ghosh (With Images) - Jan 14, 2012
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- Manish Malhotra to open Delhi Couture week - Jul 12, 2012
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Rani Mukerji loves Delhi winter (Couture Week Diary) - Jul 21, 2010
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- Hirani, Rituparno to hold master classes in Melbourne - May 25, 2012
- A cultural potpourri at Pakistan's Bridal Week (Curtain Raiser) - Dec 17, 2011
- Sabyasachi's collection an ode to India's textile heritage - Jul 21, 2010
Tags: ace, apt choice, architectural designs, audience, couture, curtains, designers, ethnic designs, faces, fashion design council of india, fashion extravaganza, grand finale, indian fabrics, New Delhi, new moon, occasions, rani mukerji, showcase, simplicity, vidya balan